• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Digital Manga Launches New Yuri Dōjin Label on May 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Triltaison

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:28 am Reply with quote
I would be more excited if they would reveal any information at all about progress or the lack thereof for their Kickstarter campaigns. KOR, KnJ, and Psyche Delico have barely been given status updates, but Wonder 3 hasn't even gotten a single update this year.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:40 am Reply with quote
Yeah, after everything that has happened to them, I wouldn't trust them at all. Hell, even Tachibanakan -ToLie- Triangle is languished in hell because of them.
Peebs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:55 am Reply with quote
This news feels like an attempt to remain relevant.

YaoiCon fizzled out. Weren't they supposed to take a year off (2018) and come back in 2019? It's supposed to be in the fall, but you kinda need to plan these things in advance and there's no indication if it's even gonna happen. That's the kind of stuff they need to work on, and all their KS project, rather than starting a new imprint.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:47 am Reply with quote
This really sucks unfortunately. They're not a company I ever want to give my money to, and now they're going to likely hold several if not a good handful of Yuri titles hostage.

As others have said, they need to regain people's trust by doing things like properly fulfilling their kickstarter campaigns. They've done nothing but act unprofessional and they're a scam.
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:09 am Reply with quote
Triltaison wrote:
I would be more excited if they would reveal any information at all about progress or the lack thereof for their Kickstarter campaigns. KOR, KnJ, and Psyche Delico have barely been given status updates, but Wonder 3 hasn't even gotten a single update this year.

They've already completed all the books for KOR and KnJ. I do not know about other rewards in the higher tiers because I didn't opt for them, but I got my books / ebooks.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:47 am Reply with quote
This is hilarious. The fact that it's doujin yuri screams "we don't have enough money to license yuri from an established publisher".
configspace wrote:
They've already completed all the books for KOR and KnJ. I do not know about other rewards in the higher tiers because I didn't opt for them, but I got my books / ebooks.

Did they? They're just wrapping up KOR now, and from what I've heard, physical KnJ books haven't gone out yet.

Meanwhile, I'm over here in W3 Land watching that KS gather dust Razz
jenthehen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:36 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Triltaison wrote:

Did you (or anyone) get any physical copies of the KnJ books yet? Yes, they sent out the digital versions awhile ago, but as far as I know they haven't mailed out anything physical yet for that one.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Those who have the highest KOR tiers are still waiting for their books...like, me.

I don't have my KnJ books either.
jenny10-11

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I hope aspiring Japanese manga artists learn of DMP's reputation before they agree to any deals. I would hate for any of them to get their hopes up for high quality, well publicized prints of their doujins.
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:18 pm Reply with quote
@R. Kasahara
@jenthehen
@Cutiebunny
It appears they were going from lowest to highest tiers, which is surprising. I would've expected people paying more got theirs first. But I opted for only the books + ebooks and got KOR physical books April 1. I only opted ebooks for KnJ and got those already. If it's any indication for KnJ, it took almost two years from between sending the ebooks out and the physical books for KOR.
SixGunAlchemist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I’m still waiting on my KOR, and I’ve had a tracking label since January. I had the Just The Books tier. All correspondence is one-way since they don’t ever reply.

As a result, I’m not backing any more KS campaigns regardless of who started them.

If you ask me, it’s just a new level of scam to get money. They somehow spent all their capital, and are doing whatever they can to generate revenue to pay outstanding debts. The sad part is they publicly promote that they’ll pay more attention to the new projects over the old ones.

I really hope people pay attention for the future and don’t make the mistake of throwing money down this hole again. Yet I fear, based on KS comments, that there are people who will still allow themselves be taken on a ride again.
Jadeduo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:06 pm Reply with quote
I started a petition to get a public response from DMP, anyone who is still waiting on their rewards from the Kodomo no Jikan, Wonder3, and Psyche Delico campaigns if you would please sign the petition and share it around, that would be great!

If there is anything you think I should add let me know!

http://chng.it/9zmGzwbM
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1