• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hitoma Iruma's Adachi to Shimamura Yuri Novels Get TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hakase

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like this is going to be a nice comfy yuri anime. Like the simple premise.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl author
this sells me alone.. Does anyone know if it one is more sexual or if it actually focuses on romance? So many yuri stories tend to be overly sexual.
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 12:14 am Reply with quote
@Kougeru I'm only familiar with the story via the first manga adaptation, but it's mostly romance with very little overtly sexual stuff. It's certainly nothing like Citrus or NTR.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:54 am Reply with quote
I really liked the anime adaptation of her past LN, so I'm quite curious to see what yuri she writes. I hope that in the future even more real yuri will get anime in contrast to various baiting.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:25 am Reply with quote
Hakase wrote:
Sounds like this is going to be a nice comfy yuri anime. Like the simple premise.

It does sound simple unless the author throws in some weird oddity like that space case co-lead girl in Denpa Onna.

Considering the same publishing companies, I feel this is green-lit thanks to the relative success of Bloom into You. Though this is still running so I'm wondering how far developed the girls' relationship is with each other at this point. Hopefully there's going to be a really good staff and studio attached to this.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:20 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Considering the same publishing companies, I feel this is green-lit thanks to the relative success of Bloom into You. Though this is still running so I'm wondering how far developed the girls' relationship is with each other at this point. Hopefully there's going to be a really good staff and studio attached to this.

Not only this. DB recently celebrated its 50th anniversary extensively, besides that, Miki-sensei even specially founded a separate brand to promote their anime adaptations.So, given the general trend at yuri, we can say that this is a very good time for Iruma-sensei.
Kitsu Kyouno

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:28 am Reply with quote
Finally a new yuri is approaching! <3 <3 <3
Curious that it is a light novel I know most of Yuri come from sleeves, but light novel only saw 2 at most, what I remember denpa onna I liked his very charming and cute female characters the boy was the only character that did not fit hahaha
kotomikun

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm a bit perplexed by CR's newspost about this which completely avoids using the word "yuri" or saying anything about romance, instead calling it "high school girls' slice-of-life." I don't know whether they're just being coy about it for whatever reason, or if this is one of those plots where the relationship never quite materializes. Guess we'll see.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:30 pm Reply with quote
kotomikun wrote:
I'm a bit perplexed by CR's newspost about this which completely avoids using the word "yuri" or saying anything about romance, instead calling it "high school girls' slice-of-life." I don't know whether they're just being coy about it for whatever reason, or if this is one of those plots where the relationship never quite materializes. Guess we'll see.

The main focus is on the 2 girls and the romantic feeling the protaganist has for her co-lead[Its written from her PoV, inner thoughs included]

I'm more worried how LNs with lots of introspection are ussually handled.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1