• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex of America Reveals Cells at Work! Anime's English Dub Cast, BD Release (Update)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#Synaesthesia

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:57 pm Reply with quote
YESSS! Thank you Aniplex! Having an English dub will make this much more accessible as a teaching tool.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Glad Cells at Work is getting Dubbed. Now if only Aniplex of America would just lower their prices.
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I want the dub, yes, but...not at that price, I'll just wait and see if it comes to Walmart, thank you very much.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:35 pm Reply with quote
You had me at Cherami Leigh...and then you lost me at Aniplex prices...
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:12 pm Reply with quote
So rarely we get a dubbed OP song especially from Bang Zoom! (when's the last time they have done one?)

crazieanimefan1 wrote:
I want the dub, yes, but...not at that price, I'll just wait and see if it comes to Walmart, thank you very much.

Has there been any Aniplex USA titles on Walmart? I rarely, if ever, see them at discount prices. Best case scenario is if they eventually come to Netflix though you're kind of out of luck if want physical copies.
Triltaison

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Aww... I so hoped to own this one. Sad
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Yeah not crazy for their pricing, but they usually put it on the streaming services don’t they?
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Cain Highwind wrote:
Yeah not crazy for their pricing, but they usually put it on the streaming services don’t they?
They sometimes do but they still haven't put the Grancrest War dub up anywhere yet.
MarkyMarc413

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:54 pm Reply with quote
I was excited to see that ALL 13 episodes would be available in ONE box set, but then I saw the price! Sad

At $140 total, that's just over $10 an episode, and I can't really justify that at release time because Funimation just updated their pre-rorders page with their August slate and it includes Free! Dive To The Future LE and Attack On Titan S3 LE, and both of those are gonna run me about $130 together (which is a far better deal for 2 show's 12-13 episodes rather than one).

Guess Cells At Work will be on my wishlist for a long time, or until I win the lottery. Either way, great cast, and the dub of the OP is pretty catchy! The video is hilarious, I love watching Robbie Daymond get all goofy for the camera!

And speaking of Billy Kametz, where the heck is that Osomatsu-san English Dub?! I actually asked Ray Chase (Karamatsu) about the dub at Katsucon earlier this past February and he said they had dubbed up to episode 8 or 9 and were likely doing both seasons, so they were about 20% done at that point, but it's been 3 months since Katsucon, so I would hope they are nearly done by now. Maybe they'll announce the home video release at AX this year...

-Marc.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:52 pm Reply with quote
*Sees price*

You know, I'm starting to think that Aniplex doesn't know the American economy works.
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:43 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
So rarely we get a dubbed OP song especially from Bang Zoom! (when's the last time they have done one?)

crazieanimefan1 wrote:

Has there been any Aniplex USA titles on Walmart? I rarely, if ever, see them at discount prices. Best case scenario is if they eventually come to Netflix though you're kind of out of luck if want physical copies.

Occasionally I do find some on their site. Not in the store. But if it's a big thing, more than likely, they'll have it. I loved this anime, but the price...it's horrible.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:57 pm Reply with quote
It seems even more Texas actors are jumping ship to LA. Jeannie Tirado recently did it, and now Morgan Berry seems to be doing the same.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:26 pm Reply with quote
#Synaesthesia wrote:
YESSS! Thank you Aniplex! Having an English dub will make this much more accessible as a teaching tool.

It would be SO cool if this were used for like, fifth grade health classes and all that. Maybe middle school? Kids are getting more and more desensitized nowadays, though...
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:10 am Reply with quote
I'm glad they kept the "in-joke" of Yukiatsu and Tsuroko voicing the two T-Cells.
EiMs

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:58 am Reply with quote
We need this anime to be dubbed to as many language as possible. Not just English and couple more spread languages.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2