• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Anime Detour's Convention Communication Head Arrested for Sexual Assault

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aresef

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:47 pm Reply with quote
There is no room in our community for people who would do this sort of thing.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Why is he free under bail? That's the kind of person that needs to be locked in jail ASAP.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Why are people mad at the convention's response exactly? Sounds like they booted the guy quickly.

Lactobacillus yogurti wrote:
Why is he free under bail? That's the kind of person that needs to be locked in jail ASAP.

They can't just deny bail because of a rape charge. That isn't how it works. If they don't think he will flee or commit another crime while out on bail, he isn't going to get denied. You might think it is shit, but it is part of the rules put in place to protect people from abuse by the state.

This guy seems pretty likely to end up in jail though. He basically admitted to everything but the penetration so when the medical reports support penetration (which if that didn't happen, I don't know why the victim would go have the tests done) he is pretty much screwed. Hell, he already admitted to non-consensual oral sex, but perhaps that is a lesser charge.
StarfighterPegasus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:28 am Reply with quote
Kind of annoyed that this story doesn't get more attention. This type of behavior should be discussed
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1