• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Answerman - Where Do We Go From Here?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Thank Justin for all the amazing questions you've given us over the years. You we're the most inspired columnist in the history i have ever seen. Besides that, can we have a "Video Game Answerman", like how another spin-off, "Manga Answerman", got one?

We would love to see another answerman spin-off that focuses on video game though.
Digi_Michael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
Thank Justin for all the amazing questions you've given us over the years. You we're the most inspired columnist in the history i have ever seen. Besides that, can we have a "Video Game Answerman", like how another spin-off, "Manga Answerman", got one?

We would love to see another answerman spin-off that focuses on video game though.

We really enjoyed reading the answerman articles. We also appreciate all of your super hard work. Best of luck!
catbot158

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:16 pm Reply with quote
*insert pic of guy sobbing while saluting, and then screaming*

Honestly, I'm going to miss this column. I learned a lot about the industry, both in Japan and outside, from this column, but at least it won't completely go away. Thank you for your hard work, Justin! Good luck with everything else you've got going on!
mgosdin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for all your work, sharing your knowledge, experience & the great stories that you've lived.

I'm sure that we would have many points in life where we would not agree on how things should be done.

However, it is nothing short of amazing that we can watch animation from a country half a world away, both get big stupid grins on our faces and say "Yeah that's it."

I've got confidence that Anime fandom will survive.

Mark Gosdin
SheRrIs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for all this time together! Answerman has always been my favourite ANN column.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:37 pm Reply with quote
It's been an extremely informative ride with this column so far. I'll be curious to see what happens with it going forward, though I can't blame them for putting questions on hold since it wouldn't be too fair to the new person to say, "Here's an email account that nobody has been looking at for however long." And since there isn't an announcement of a new writer yet, a lot of good questions could get buried in the meantime.

This was definitely the right questions to finish with. This has definitely been a year where I've read articles, news reports, posts, etc. that left me wondering just what happened or if I was off-base with my assessment of the industry and the fandom. I'd still like to think that I was right, but that certain voices got hold of the megaphone, as it were.
varmintx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:42 pm Reply with quote
While I'm sure the new Answerman will bring their own strengths to the column, there isn't much chance they will be able share as much knowledgeable insight into the industry as you have given us over the years. Thank you so much, Justin.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:46 pm Reply with quote
varmintx wrote:
While I'm sure the new Answerman will bring their own strengths to the column, there isn't much chance they will be able share as much knowledgeable insight into the industry as you have given us over the years. Thank you so much, Justin.

I am still we can get an spin-off called "Video Game Answerman", much like how "Manga Answerman" we get one.
tbrown3514

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:49 pm Reply with quote
I am going to miss this column. It has been so informative. I remember googling “when does the next season of (insert any anime) come out and stumbled across ANN. I even submitted a question about holidays and you answered it and I felt so lucky to be apart of a niche fandom. I wish you much success in the future and I’m looking forward to the next person to take over.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:52 pm Reply with quote
So long, Justin, and thanks for all the fish, I mean, answers. The lactic acid microbe salutes you.
AnimeFan617
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for all the memories (and answers), Justin! I wish you luck in your future endeavors!
deathfromabove1993

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Thank you Justin for your contributations to Answerman. Some very informative stuff I have learned from reading the column.
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:21 pm Reply with quote
That was a very thoughtful final column. Thanks for all the interesting insights and explanations, Justin. Take care! Smile

Looking forward to what will come next.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:34 pm Reply with quote
So no more new columns from Answerman? RIP.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Ahh man, this was my favorite/only one I read recurring article. Thanks for holding it down week in, week out for years on end!

As for the final question, I know about KyoAni and that was tragic, but outside of that it's been a pretty normal year for anime hasn't it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5