• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
J-Novel Club

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Noticed, or more rather discovered that the below two manga adaptations from J-Novel Club are not digitally available on Amazon:

I Shall Survive Using Potions! (Manga) Volume 1
Ascendance of a Bookworm (Manga) Volume 1

They are available on IBOOK, KOBO, and BookWalker.

Usually when manga is digitally not available on Amazon, the cause tends to be a content issue. But Bookworm and Potions do not having any content issues.

Wondering if anyone knows why they are not available on Amazon digitally.

Purchased both on BookWalker, but it is not fun trying to read manga on a smart phone. KOBO's and BookWalker's apps are not available on the Kindle Fire. So I am stuck reading these two manga titles on a small screen.

Looked at J-Novel Club's website, but see no mention about the Amazon unavailability or talk in the forums about it.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:17 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Noticed, or more rather discovered that the below two manga adaptations from J-Novel Club are not digitally available on Amazon:

I Shall Survive Using Potions! (Manga) Volume 1
Ascendance of a Bookworm (Manga) Volume 1

They are available on IBOOK, KOBO, and BookWalker.

Usually when manga is digitally not available on Amazon, the cause tends to be a content issue. But Bookworm and Potions do not having any content issues.

Wondering if anyone knows why they are not available on Amazon digitally.

Purchased both on BookWalker, but it is not fun trying to read manga on a smart phone. KOBO's and BookWalker's apps are not available on the Kindle Fire. So I am stuck reading these two manga titles on a small screen.

Looked at J-Novel Club's website, but see no mention about the Amazon unavailability or talk in the forums about it.

All our manga are going to available on kindle now, too.
Originally we were just going with comixology, but it does seem like sales on kindle are just too high of a market share to ignore despite the really terrible royalty rates we get.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1