• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Pocket Monster TV Anime Casts Kana Hanazawa, Yūichi Nakamura

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:26 am Reply with quote
Nice cast! It's nice to see Nakamura involved in the Pokemon anime since he voiced N in the Best Wishes, i hope he can do his best as a voice of Sakuragi's father. Also, hope that he can reprise his old role as N when Ash meets up with him. Very Happy

It is also the first time to see Hanazawa joined in the main anime, she voiced May in the Pokemon ORAS Trailer in 2014.

I hope they can choose XOX to perform an opening theme of the anime, while the second ending theme could be performed by Nogizaka46.
Super_M

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:58 am Reply with quote
Ash design is old and not so good compare to Go and Koharu.

Is little sad that we don't have for example Koharu like legit third protagonist like Ash and Go. I think Pokemon audience skew to male side but I think many girls spend a lot of money on cute pokemon merch. But for so long time ago I watched Pokemon anime and played Pokemon games so I can be wrong.

Last edited by Super_M on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:16 am Reply with quote
I'm digging the new characters/designs so far! Making the professor's child/grandchild a girl is always refreshing and fits in nicely with the duo of Ash and Gou. Hopefully she'll be more of a third MC than a cameo.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:28 am Reply with quote
Glad to see it’s giving up its canon card already. I really shouldn’t be surprised I suppose. Rolling Eyes Mad
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:13 am Reply with quote
^ What exactly disqualifies this from canon? Hell why does Pokemon canon even matter?
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:20 am Reply with quote
Hanazawa and Nakamura are great VAs who have done some big anime roles over the years so I’m looking forward to hearing them in the new series. I wonder since this new series is going to feature Ash going back to old regions and includes Galar if it will be a transitional series into a Sword and Shield anime similar to how Orange Islands was for Johto?
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:23 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Hanazawa and Nakamura are great VAs who have done some big anime roles over the years so I’m looking forward to hearing them in the new series. I wonder since this new series is going to feature Ash going back to old regions and includes Galar if it will be a transitional series into a Sword and Shield anime similar to how Orange Islands was for Johto?

I am thinking it will mostly focus on Ash's odyssey to all over the region and learn about what is the true purpose of becoming an Pokemon's Master.

I am hoping if Ash could meetup with Ash's old traveling companies, espacially Serena, who went for Hoenn after parting ways with him (and even giving him a huge kiss!). Very Happy
Psajdak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:41 am Reply with quote
Kuchiba City - Vermilion City.
It would be cool to see Matis (Lt. Surge) again, I loved that Gym Leader in original anime.

Anyway, Hanazawa, and Nakamura...
Both of them are great seiyu, nice to know they will be in new anime.

Even though don't watch Pokemon anime anymore, because of the lack of subs for a lot of episodes, and fansubs are released super slow, I might actually just jump into this new series, since it seems it will be about more regions, and Pokemon ARE kinda always semi-rebooted.

Too bad that we still don't have entire anime fansubbed up to this point, though - original version is quite different compared to the english one.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:45 am Reply with quote
Gamefreak isn't confident in doing a Pokemon anime with just Go? It's sad, really.
Pandsu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:54 am Reply with quote
Is Go's hair gonna be the new Twitter icon or what?
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:10 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
Gamefreak isn't confident in doing a Pokemon anime with just Go? It's sad, really.
They're confident that Ash is a popular character with kids which is the target demographic for the Pokemon anime. I'm not sure where the rumor they were going to reboot Pokemon even got started from.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:53 am Reply with quote
For some reason some people still don't know that Satoshi, Pikachu, and Team Rocket are insanely much more iconic, and popular than anything else Pokemon related, including games which started it all.

They are like Mickey, Donald, and Goofy in Disneyverse.
Super_M

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:
For some reason some people still don't know that Satoshi, Pikachu, and Team Rocket are insanely much more iconic, and popular than anything else Pokemon related, including games which started it all.

They are like Mickey, Donald, and Goofy in Disneyverse.

This is bad news? I mean Disney Mickey, Donald, and Goofy are heroes previous generation, current generation Disney have Avengers and Elsa. I often see joke that people say that most pokemon players are adults. When I been in kids shop there were lack pokemon merch. Maybe pokemon need new popular heroes to inspire new generation of kids/fans.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:48 pm Reply with quote
@Super_M I really doubt that Avengers, Elsa, or Star Wars are the first thing people think of when someone starts talking about Disney.
Even today.
Super_M

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:58 pm Reply with quote
@Psajdak
Maybe but Frozen, Avengers, Star Wars are currently their biggest cash cows (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2