• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: In This Corner of the World Director Sunao Katabuchi Gets Documentary Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:24 am Reply with quote
Aw, a theatrical documentary! Too bad I won’t be able to see it in theaters, but I’ll definitely import it if it’s not available here.
Panino Manino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Blackiris_ wrote:
Aw, a theatrical documentary! Too bad I won’t be able to see it in theaters, but I’ll definitely import it if it’s not available here.

I hope the streaming services will put english subtitles.
shosakukan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Jennifer Sherman wrote:
kotringo is returning to compose and perform a new song "Kanashikute Yarikirenai" (It's Sad and I Can't Bear It).

Crystalyn Hodgkins wrote:
kotringo is returning to compose and perform a new song "Kanashikute Yarikirenai" (It's Sad and I Can't Bear It).

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-03-29/in-this-corner-of-the-world-anime-film-extended-version-opens-on-december-20/.145165
Karen Ressler wrote:
kotringo is returning to compose and perform a new song "Kanashikute Yarikirenai" (It's Sad and I Can't Bear It), previewed in the video below.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-07-25/in-this-corner-of-the-world-anime-film-gets-extended-version-with-new-title/.134681
The Comic Natalie article says:
Quote:
音楽も引き続きコトリンゴが、主題歌を含むすべての劇中曲を担当し、新曲も制作する。…特報映像はコトリンゴが歌う「悲しくてやりきれない」に乗せて、紅を付けた指がリンの横顔を描いていくもの。

https://natalie.mu/comic/news/292686

Hmm...it seems that Ms Karen Ressler erroneously interpreted '引き続きコトリンゴが…新曲 [new song(s)] も制作する' and 'コトリンゴが歌う「悲しくてやりきれない」["Kanashikute Yarikirenai"]' as 'kotringo is returning to compose and perform a new song "Kanashikute Yarikirenai",' and it seems that Ms Jennifer Sherman 'inherited' the mistakes from her colleagues.
Actually, kotringo is not the composer of the song 'Kanashikute Yarikirenai', and 'Kanashikute Yarikirenai' is not a 'new song'.
The song 'Kanashikute Yarikirenai' has been already used in In This Corner of the World (2016). Moreover, 'Kanashikute Yarikirenai' is a famous oldie-but-a-goldie song which was released by Japanese folk group The Folk Crusaders in 1968 in the first place. The composer is Katō Kazuhiko, and the lyricist is Satō Hachirō.
'Kanashikute Yarikirenai' by The Folk Crusaders became a hit, and many singers did covers of it. kotringo, too, had already done a cover of 'Kanashikute Yarikirenai' in picnic album 1 (2010).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1