• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Jujutsu Kaisen GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kamui The Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I've been enjoying what I've been reading on the Viz app. It reminds me of a strange mix of Bleach and Yu Yu Hakusho, with the touchs of the mentioned GeGeGe. It definitely improves as it goes along.
JonDoe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Rebecca's lukewarm reception to this is pretty much how I feel towards it. The whole thing has such a been-there-done-that vibe with almost nothing new going for it. The fact that it's also cribbing so much from Bleach definitely doesn't help.
Kisuke525

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:27 pm Reply with quote
I love this series. The beginning is a bit average, but it really improves over time. I really hope the anime adaptation turns out well so more people will check it out.
micah007

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:46 pm Reply with quote
I will agree the first volume and more specifically speaking the first 3 chapters or so are generic. However, by the end of the first volume I was interested in reading more after the groundwork was paved for the setting so I want to say I can already see evidence of the "better as it goes along" claims I heard about. On the subject of the cast while the characters fit certain character molds right now, everyone is charming and or strange enough to hold interest. I also enjoyed the fight choreography in more than a few instances. I really hope this series surprises me because I've heard good things about it for awhile now.
ThatMoonGuy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:01 am Reply with quote
It really does improve with time. I'm pretty sure this is gonna be a big hit once it gets and anime and may even become one of the big shots, much like what happened to Kimetsu no Yaiba. Jujutsu Kaisen has that kind of punkish energy that early Bleach so I can see it becoming sorta like the Bleach for HeroAca's Naruto.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1