• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Reveals Tower of God Anime's Video, Cast, Staff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Very excited to hear Kevin Penkin is doing the OST! I will always watch whatever he sets his hands on Very Happy
Excia_1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:39 pm Reply with quote
The same guy that directed Transformers Energon is directing this. That has me VERY worried
Dr.N0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:49 pm Reply with quote
I am not sure I like the cutesy style and character designs, and the staff is not top-tier, but they know fans like I will watch it anyway.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:51 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Very excited to hear Kevin Penkin is doing the OST! I will always watch whatever he sets his hands on Very Happy

My thoughts exactly Laughing I mean, this looks already pretty cool but having Kevin Penkin on board has totally sold me. I'm in Very Happy
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Excia_1 wrote:
The same guy that directed Transformers Energon is directing this. That has me VERY worried

...This is DOA. Like...incredibly so. Even the finished product, Superlink, looked cheap as all hell, with poor quality CG, bad action, etc. Heck, the product went over so bad Hasbro took their next series to Gonzo.
12Zwolf12

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:13 am Reply with quote
Some of the designs look awesome (Shibisu) others are a bit to childish for my taste (Khun and Rachel), but overall the trailers look good. The only thing that has me a bit worried is the direction, but I think Tower of God has not that much they can fudge up because the webtoon is already a decent storyboard in itself.
And with Kevin Penkin they really went all out on the music.
All in all, really excited to see Tower of God animated. Here is hoping they manage to put the whole floor of test arc in the anime without rushing it.
-SP-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:22 am Reply with quote
That animation seems horrible and choppy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1