• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: I Refuse to Be Your Enemy! Novel 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pharmboy23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:32 pm Reply with quote
You’d think I would know this by this point, but what’s the other book? I didn’t see the title and I couldn’t parse it from the lead’s name.

As typically happens, I feel like I’ll end up buying this based on your review, despite not having any intention to do so beforehand Razz
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Ha ha ha, my evil plans to part you, specifically, from your money continue to thrive! Laughing

The other similar books are My Next Life as a Villainess, Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter (manga only; Iris is the heroine), and Obsessions of an Otome Gamer, which is the most different and also my favorite of the bunch.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Please review Tearmoon Empire next! In my opinion it is several times much better than this one and even Next Life as a Villainess/Bakarina. It brought a smile to my face multiple times and even got me a bit teary-eyed. It is fantastic.
pharmboy23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Ha ha ha, my evil plans to part you, specifically, from your money continue to thrive!

It’s the most logical explanation for how much I’ve bought based on your reviews Razz. Definitely not my rampant egomania Wink

And I second Tearmoon Empire! I am reading it right now and while the story is along these lines, the narration is some of the best I’ve ever read in a light novel. It has such a unique voice. I’m really digging it.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:09 pm Reply with quote
It's actually the next book in my LNs-to-review pile! (Well, metaphorical pile, since it's on my kindle.) I'm glad to hear that, because I wasn't quite sure what to think about the summary.
pharmboy23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:18 pm Reply with quote
It really reminds me of these types of stories, just without the gaming twist. I’m only a quarter way through, but it’s got a great deal of playful snark that leavens the proceedings nicely.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:41 pm Reply with quote
I read this on a whim and was surprised how immediately engrossed I was. The intro was slow and I vaguely remembered it but I was hooked by the time she met the three boys and it never ceased to entertain. I hope we see more of that forest loli cause she seemed interesting as well. Can't wait for the second volume.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Is this digital only?
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Is this digital only?

For the moment; J-novel Club has started doing print releases, so there's a good chance this will get one later. Sorry, I forgot to mention it in the review: I 've been trying to do that.
zztop

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:07 am Reply with quote
Both the original WN version and published LN versions are completed works. The final 6th LN volume released in 2017. No manga version was made for this series though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1