• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Certain Scientific Railgun T Anime Delays Episode 13 Due to COVID-19

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Call me crazy, I am actually pretty glad to see this news, unlike other COVID-delays.

Railgun T already has 3 delays due to its messy schedule, but despite postponement, the quality remains fairly consistent and you can tell the production staff put their hearts out on this project with the limited time they have.

Next episode will feature some breathtaking, epic-scale action scenes and the climax of the current arc, they can take however long they can to deliver their best, while ensure the safety of staff (that's the most important issue above all)
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:51 am Reply with quote
I definitely prefer they delay this to do it right, but man, next episode looks like where shit is going to hit the fan. I was really looking forward to it.
OH&S

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:57 am Reply with quote
This gives me the much needed time to binge watch the the already aired season.

But it also hurts anyone in the know, as the next episode is the most anticipated Raildex episode to date.
micah007

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:05 am Reply with quote
I'm hurt but I understand.
VerQuality

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:13 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Railgun T already has 3 delays due to its messy schedule, but despite postponement, the quality remains fairly consistent and you can tell the production staff put their hearts out on this project with the limited time they have.

And here I was all set to write up what I thought about this delay and you already said it all. The production schedule has had all kinds of issues dropped on it, but so far Railgun T has been terrific despite all that. It's been a welcome change from Index 3, and I'm happy to see them keep trucking on despite all the problems the world has thrown at them, and I'm confident that once they can continue producing the series, they'll continue right on with the high quality they've shown so far.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:36 am Reply with quote
VerQuality wrote:
but so far Railgun T has been terrific despite all that. It's been a welcome change from Index 3

Railgun T has always been a competent show with a compelling premise and characters. While Index has pretty much sucked since the start. I don't get how two shows from the same franchise can have such a wide gap in quality.
Kisuke525

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:27 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
VerQuality wrote:
but so far Railgun T has been terrific despite all that. It's been a welcome change from Index 3

Railgun T has always been a competent show with a compelling premise and characters. While Index has pretty much sucked since the start. I don't get how two shows from the same franchise can have such a wide gap in quality.

I hope you're just talking about the anime adaptation of Index and not the light novels.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Kisuke525 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
VerQuality wrote:

I hope you're just talking about the anime adaptation of Index and not the light novels.

Yes, I am only talking about the anime for Railgun and Index.
Kisuke525

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:11 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Kisuke525 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
VerQuality wrote:

Yes, I am only talking about the anime for Railgun and Index.

Alright carry on then lol.
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:30 am Reply with quote
Damned virus, get the hell out of Japan!
Stiles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:06 am Reply with quote
Given how long J.C. Staff is delaying Shokugeki, I don't really expect to see Railgun back anytime soon. It's a shame on both fronts, but I would rather people stay safe in the midst of this unprecedented outbreak.

I hope they take all the time they need and then some.
Caloris

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:08 pm Reply with quote
CrypticPurpose wrote:
Damned virus, get the hell out of Japan!
Prior delays related to SARS-CoV-2/Covid-19 have been due to animation studio production delays from Korean studios.
The current batch of delays is related to the state of emergency declared in Japan preventing recording of the voice actors. (This has also impacted a number of games like Love Live All Stars and Revue Starlight Re:Live with the games releasing new content without voices)
Japan declared a state of emergency for 7 prefectures on April 8, mostly around the Tokyo and Osaka metro areas.
It was extended nationwide late last week.
The state of emergency is currently planned to end on May 6, unless extended, delayed productions will likely resume shortly after.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1