• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Capcom Confirms Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness Netflix CG Mini-Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:09 am Reply with quote
Well, this came out of nowhere. I wonder if this is a mini-series the animation will be as good as the movies. I wonder if Claire and Leon will be voiced by the new voice actors who portrayed them in the remake, or maybe they can bring back Matthew Mercer and Alyson Court. Also I hope the neutral-spanish version will be recorded in Mexico like the first and third CGI movies.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:20 am Reply with quote
Those CG movies are mediocre at best. Better than the live-action ones,but that's not really saying a whole lot.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:38 am Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
I wonder if this is a mini-series the animation will be as good as the movies.

It's the same studio who worked on Vendetta so who knows.

Quote:
I wonder if Claire and Leon will be voiced by the new voice actors who portrayed them in the remake, or maybe they can bring back Matthew Mercer and Alyson Court.

Netflix (or Sony) working with Canada, I doubt it. I liked Alyson as Claire but I wouldn't mind if Stephanie Panisello's back for this since I thought she did fine in REmake 2.

Plus I won't be surprised if Bang Zoom's involved here since they worked on the last two movies and also REmake 3.

Themaster20000 wrote:
Those CG movies are mediocre at best. Better than the live-action ones,but that's not really saying a whole lot.

I somewhat disagree, Degeneration took some getting used to but it was okay, Damnation I actually enjoyed and as for Vendetta, yeah, that one was awful and for reasons other than the CG studio change.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:44 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Silver Kirin wrote:
I wonder if this is a mini-series the animation will be as good as the movies.

It's the same studio who worked on Vendetta so who knows.

Marza Animation Planet produced Vendetta, while TMS Entertainment and Quebico are producing Infinite Darkness. (Although the founder of Quebico, Kei Miyamoto, was a Vendetta co-producer.)
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:06 am Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
Marza Animation Planet produced Vendetta, while TMS Entertainment and Quebico are producing Infinite Darkness. (Although the founder of Quebico, Kei Miyamoto, was a Vendetta co-producer.)

There are conflicting reports, one of which came from Dusk Golem (known for Resident Evil leaks and revealing the most recent Street Fighter drama) that claimed Marza's the other studio but yeah, looking at the Netflix JP Twitter now, they only acknowledged Quebico.
gpanthony

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping they at least fill in some of the gaps in the story between Revelations 2 and 7, like Blue Umbrella. Or tie up the loose ends from Revelation and Vendetta.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Ok then. I also take a serialized anime. I am slightly surprised by this format but everything else is the most obvious forgone conclusion possible. They even said that more anime is to come in 2017. I wonder if Netflix had its hand in deciding this format as DMC and Dragon's Dogma (meh) is also like this. Infinite Darkness, as Capcom as names get, will stand or fall with the director and head writer. Till then I wait but the trailer is good.

The 2nd CG anime film is solid btw. and here is what the (non-canon) live action show will unleash upon us: [url]https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/One_(draft_script)[/url]
Dickface better make if from spec-script to the finished product:
https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Dickface
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Something tells me this will go over better than the planned LA version. And hey, Leon.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:39 am Reply with quote
How is this Anime, it's exactly like a cutscene from the game. Don't get me wrong I'm happy that it's not another ugly looking CG Anime on Netflix.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:21 am Reply with quote
Anime means Japanese animation. Always has and these 3 films and how show checks every mark there. A lot of mo-capping will be involved but rotoscoped cartoons are essentially the same technique and good luck arguing against those not being animated. Like A Scanner Darkly or Amazon´s Undone.

Some concert art: https://www.biohazardcast.com/resident-evil-infinite-darkness-concept-leak/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:03 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Egan Loo wrote:

There are conflicting reports, one of which came from Dusk Golem (known for Resident Evil leaks and revealing the most recent Street Fighter drama) that claimed Marza's the other studio but yeah, looking at the Netflix JP Twitter now, they only acknowledged Quebico.

Yeah, there seems to be a misunderstanding among many sites that the same studio that animated Vendetta is animating Infinite Darkness. But Quebico was just established in September 2017 — four months after Vendetta's premiere.

http://quebico.com/
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:59 am Reply with quote
I can't wait for those dumb John wick style shooting scenes.

The most memorable one in Vendetta was when Chris and the bad guy started wasting bullets on the floor while running around in a circle. Top tier action...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1