• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Minecraft's Steve, Alex Join Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:19 am Reply with quote
R.I.P Mr Game and Watch you're no longer the most unpredictable character due to your awkward faithful animation and disjointed hitbox. Learning to counter Minecraft's guy might be even harder than precedent dlc characters.
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping for more FE characters just so I could witness more unnecessary outrage from the Smash fandom...or at least my boi Ragna.

But Steve is good enough.
Never played Minecraft very much, but more 3rd Party characters is always very good news!
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Sakurai you mad lad you actually did it!
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:42 pm Reply with quote
This was probably the funniest trailer for Ultimate, when Mario was all alone everything seemed so serious but then Steve appeared, it was great.
Steve being in Smash makes plenty of sense, Minecraft is the best-selling game of all time (without counting all the bootleg copies of Tetris, it has a big following in Japan despite being a game developed in the West, Nintendo already made various collaborations with Mojang like the Mario Edition and the New 2DS Creeper edition, and the Switch version of Minecraft sold over 1 million copies in Japan.
It's funny that alongside Banjo-Kazooie Microsoft has two representatives, I know this sounds impossible but perhaps Sony should let some of its 1st party characters into Smash. I just hope that Ryu Hayabusa will be included in this fighter pass.
Swiftyy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:17 pm Reply with quote
I kinda felt inevitable that some sort of Minecraft rep would be added once they announced the game would have a Fighters Pass - but still though, it honestly still felt fake when I was watching the reveal.
Cryten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Heh hehehe HAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Wamsen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:55 pm Reply with quote
The last trailer made me laugh, it was so funny and absurd at the time, I didn't know which side I am more attracted to, but I love the idea of introducing new characters to Minecraft. I saw this feature already on a few servers from this list https://minecraftservers.biz/servers/type/skywars/ of the best servers of each type, and I totally support this initiative. Making the game with a larger variety of characters can't make it worse, it only attracts more fans who got bored of playing one and the same thing for a long period of time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1