• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Why the seiyū are mostly exempt from deaths from the COVID-19?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southkaio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I apologize for a stupid question I am asking, but...

Since I am from Serbia, where deaths from the COVID-19 are frequent, it sounds surprising to me that most of the COVID-19-positive seiyū have recovered from the disease as soon as it appeared. But in my opinion, the seiyū that died likely from the COVID-19 are Tamaki Nakanishi, Keiji Fujiwara, Satoko Kitō, Kōsei Tomita and Hikari Yono, all of whom passed away this year.

Does anybody know why the seiyū are mostly exempt from deaths from the COVID-19?
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Deaths from COVID-19 in Japan are spiking, but the total death toll is just 2,334, in a country with nearly 130 million people and a larger share of elderly than most advanced economies.

https://www.google.com/search?q=japan+covid+death+rate
Saeryen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:13 pm Reply with quote
What a tasteless thing to ask. We should be happy whenever someone recovers and try to save as many lives as possible instead of speculating why real people aren’t dying. How disrespectful.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:
What a tasteless thing to ask. We should be happy whenever someone recovers and try to save as many lives as possible instead of speculating why real people aren’t dying. How disrespectful.

I agree with you 110% that the question was tactless. But speculating why some people recover while other people do not is how we save as many lives as possible. Perhaps the Serbian medical authorities can learn what their Japanese counterparts are doing differently and use that approach to save more lives in Serbia?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1