• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Sailor Moon Eternal Anime Film's Trailer Previews Theme Song, Finale

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:22 pm Reply with quote
This looks like it’s gonna be AMAZING!
Zeino

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Well, SM Eternal certainly continues to look very pretty and bringing back Watashi-tachi ni Naritakute as a song is a nice nostalgic treat but considering that that the original manga version of the Dream arc is is only marginally better than the three underwhelming arcs before it, I'm still not expecting these movies to be anything above decent. I'd like to be wrong though and hope they can surprise me for the once regarding this remake.

Last edited by Zeino on Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
FrodoGate222

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:45 pm Reply with quote
iirc I don't think the Senshi's Eternal forms appeared this early in the manga so this should be interesting. Also we're finally getting the rest of the Eternal forms in anime form! Wow!
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:42 pm Reply with quote
I was surprised they already released the trailer for part 2 this early and it looks fantastic. I got so excited when I heard Watashi-tachi ni Naritakute start playing as I love that song and the new cover sounds so beautiful. It's so exciting to see the Outers in action, especially Sailor Saturn as I was always kind of disappointed the 90s anime shafted her a lot for how much they hyped her up. I hope she'll finally get a full transformation after the spoiler[preview we got of it in the season three finale]. I'm also excited to see all the Inners and Outers get their Eternal forms and I was excited we got a glimpse of the spoiler[princess gowns] and I can't wait to see what they look like fully. I hope we'll get some sort of official announcement about the international release of the movies soon especially with all the rumors about it being on Netflix.
Nodz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:08 pm Reply with quote
FrodoGate222 wrote:
iirc I don't think the Senshi's Eternal forms appeared this early in the manga so this should be interesting. Also we're finally getting the rest of the Eternal forms in anime form! Wow!

Yes, they do.
skyechan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Finally, eternal forms for the other guardians in the anime. ♥ I hope we get to see transformation sequences for the eternal forms.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:32 pm Reply with quote
It looks really good, the Eternal forms look wonderful, and hearing that cover of "Watashi tachi Ni Naritakute" definitely gives me a fuzzy feeling inside as it was the first Sailor Moon ending song I heard, this definitely blows SuperS out of the water already (no pun intended considering 0:34).

Only gripe...did they have to recycle the 90's anime movements of Deep Submerge and Dead Scream (and Pluto's spinning there looks like it's missing frames)? Having the cover version of SuperS' first ending song did a better job invoking nostalgia without it being too overt.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:02 am Reply with quote
I'm still underwhelmed by the new trailer, and I feel like it would've benefited more if it continued the design as it was in Season 3, rather than just relying on nostalgia.

Especially with the recycled attacks-- it was disappointing.

They managed to make everything brightly colored but that's about it. SuperS is my least favorite season, but I'll watch it because I barely remember the manga arc and I heard that it was a lot better than the anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1