• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sega to Release Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Hinokami Chronicles Console Game in Englis

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whitestrider

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 11:35 am Reply with quote
I don't care about Demon Slayer much, but if the game is fun...
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 12:03 pm Reply with quote
It's Cyberconnect,so I'll get it when it's on sale. If it's anything DBZ Kakarot. It's going to be great on fanservice,with a gameplay loop that gets extremely monotonous.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:
It's Cyberconnect, so I'll get it when it's on sale. If it's anything DBZ Kakarot. It's going to be great on fanservice, with a gameplay loop that gets extremely monotonous.
Well, by trailers it's more like just Naruto Ninja Storm reskins than Kakarot. Which is even worse.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 2:21 pm Reply with quote
They've been getting better about dubbing anime games, and Demon Slayer is a hot property, so I thought there was a good chance this would get dubbed.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 3:04 pm Reply with quote
The game will be English dubbed, but hasn't been confirmed for a North American release? Really? Or is the ANN article missing some info?
LucyFan998

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 3:22 pm Reply with quote
I feel bad for One Piece, Sword Art Online, and especially Fairy Tail not getting their English-language voiceover option from most of their video games Sad
However, I can hope that if this game does very well with critics and fans, especially with how the worldwide sales go, then there might be more video games based on anime with English-language voiceover option to come.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 4:06 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
by trailers it's more like just Naruto Ninja Storm reskins than Kakarot. Which is even worse.

Only if you're a hardcore fighting game fan.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:53 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
The game will be English dubbed, but hasn't been confirmed for a North American release? Really? Or is the ANN article missing some info?

At the moment, just a release announcement for the Asia region, but obviously it'll be out overseas.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:45 am Reply with quote
NeoStrayCat wrote:
LegitPancake wrote:

At the moment, just a release announcement for the Asia region, but obviously it'll be out overseas.

Being on Xbox is as good as a guarantee
I_Drive_DSM

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:55 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:

Ever since the PS3/XBox 360 era of consoles there have been many "Asia" release games that have English translations, subtitles, and/or dubbing that do not actually see a North American release in official capacity. There could be a myriad of reasons as to why but two immediate things that could be pointed out is that (1) an Asian release isn't subjected to North American trademarks a property may have and (2) Asian releases don't receive any sort of game ratings similar to ESRB or CERO. A more subjective reason would be English is the "language of business," with many more English speakers in the Eastern part of the world.

Of note however is that this is incredibly quick for Demon Slayer to have all of this in it's "Asian" release. Usually a game is released in Japanese, its printed for a while, and then eventually the Asian release comes along with more features and a slightly lower price point. My immediate assumption with Demon Slayer is it's immense popularity is pushing the publisher to try and get out a version that will satisfy all sorts of potential markets. Despite any reservations people may have the game is probably to sell very good in both it's Japanese and Asian iterations.
AmpersandsUnited

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 10:05 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Well, by trailers it's more like just Naruto Ninja Storm reskins than Kakarot. Which is even worse.

Personally I would much rather anime-based games copy a fun, fighting game style than an underwhelming action adventure, especially an action shounen
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1