• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Streams How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord Omega Anime's Less Censored 'Double Summon'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albion Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Skimmed through first 3 episodes and fanservice scenes look identical. No nipples or extra groping or anything. Seems like this is a lie.
Joryn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Albion Hero wrote:
Skimmed through first 3 episodes and fanservice scenes look identical. No nipples or extra groping or anything. Seems like this is a lie.

Didn't really expect much from something that says less censored, especially from Crunchy. Funi and HiDive are the ones that generally carry fully uncensored stuff. Also the first season never really took things that far as far as nudity, so wasn't expecting the second season to do so either, though if they did it would be a nice surprise.
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Albion Hero wrote:

Assuming it's a "lie" is a huge leap in logic.
The Double Summon version doesn't have nipples to begin with, but it does show more than the TV version. There are image comparisons out there, and sometimes the details are as minimal as how close the camera is to certain animation. Just because you didn't notice the differences doesn't mean they aren't there.
Joryn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:27 pm Reply with quote
BalmungHHQ wrote:
Albion Hero wrote:

Assuming it's a "lie" is a huge leap in logic.
The Double Summon version doesn't have nipples to begin with, but it does show more than the TV version. There are image comparisons out there, and sometimes the details are as minimal as how close the camera is to certain animation. Just because you didn't notice the differences doesn't mean they aren't there.

Now that I'm watching it myself, I can confirm that they've removed some of the censorship. So far the most glaring example is in the OP during Laminitus's part.
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Ah s***, here we go again.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Well, good to see they're releasing the uncensored version.
SUPER_METR0lD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Any word on when Funimation will start streaming the dub?
CrisGer A.A.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:00 pm Reply with quote
i was and am still a very avid fan of the first season. The Second season underwhelmed me sadly. It has many weak moments, and really it felt like the director was looking over his shoulder at Season 1 trying hard but also wanting to make it somehow faster, bigger and more "Hyper"

it fails, sad to say. I still love the main characters but none of the new ones had a chance to do more than juts appear and then vanish and the few who stuck around for more than one episode well they were flat and stale references to the manga.

so the censoring or not really does not matter to me. The few chances to show more I am sure do not. so sad to say but this was a disappointment.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Albion Hero wrote:

Seems like from the other comments that this isn't entirely accurate, but you did confirm for me that this version is a waste of my time to watch. Not entirely surprising since it looked like the uncensored version in Japan would be BD only.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:57 am Reply with quote
Albion Hero wrote:

In my experience, uncut fanservice shows usually just result in showing more skin, maybe a but. Never seen a show actually show a nipple.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:36 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
Albion Hero wrote:

In my experience, uncut fanservice shows usually just result in showing more skin, maybe a but. Never seen a show actually show a nipple.
There's plenty of ecchi shows showing nipples. Highschool DxD, To Love-Ru, Redo of Healer, Manyuu Hikenchou, Maken-Ki, Valkyrie Drive, Seikon no Qwaser, just to name a few.
I think it's strange though that legal streaming sites (almost) never seem to get the uncensored versions.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:42 pm Reply with quote
thekingsdinner wrote:
There's plenty of ecchi shows showing nipples. Highschool DxD, To Love-Ru, Redo of Healer, Manyuu Hikenchou, Maken-Ki, Valkyrie Drive, Seikon no Qwaser, just to name a few.
I think it's strange though that legal streaming sites (almost) never seem to get the uncensored versions.
It's not that strange; going back and getting the uncensored versions means going through another round of negotiations and payments. It doesn't always make financial sense to go through that expense for an older show, especially when streaming sites know their numbers and can tell that most views happen during the broadcasts when the censored version is the only game in town. Some sites like Funimation and HiDive do eventually stream the uncensored versions, since they're going through the process anyway for their home video releases. CR, on the other hand, mainly focuses on the "new seasonal watching" side of the business, so they don't get the home video versions too often.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
thekingsdinner wrote:
It's not that strange; going back and getting the uncensored versions means going through another round of negotiations and payments. It doesn't always make financial sense to go through that expense for an older show, especially when streaming sites know their numbers and can tell that most views happen during the broadcasts when the censored version is the only game in town. Some sites like Funimation and HiDive do eventually stream the uncensored versions, since they're going through the process anyway for their home video releases. CR, on the other hand, mainly focuses on the "new seasonal watching" side of the business, so they don't get the home video versions too often.
I was unaware of this, thanks for sharing this info. The situation does kinda suck, but I do understand it much better now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1