• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Oreimo Gets New Kuroneko if Manga Spinoff in July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blazaking

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:37 am Reply with quote
Finally, the correct ending.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:52 am Reply with quote
Blazaking wrote:

Yup!
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:38 am Reply with quote
Thank goodness for the manga's existence--it was just enough to save me from keeping feeling dirty after watching the anime.
hexashadow13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Blazaking wrote:

The current manga ending, which ended in Japan in 2015 and finished it's English localization by Dark Horse in 2016, is already that spoiler[Ruri and Kyousuke get married and have children, with Ruri seemingly no longer as much of an otaku, but still best friends with Kirino who still is, and the mantle of Kuroneko being inherited by Ruri's younger sister Tama who turns into an even bigger chuuni than Ruri was].
I think that ending is perfectly fine so I wonder what this does differently. Maybe someone that's read the light novels can chime in?

I'd be more interested in a manga of Ayase if. I have no clue how that would end up playing out.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:26 pm Reply with quote
They're really effectively milking the Kuroenko spinoffs (not that I'm surprised).
El Hermano

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see more Oreimo works.
TheOtakuX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:23 pm Reply with quote
This sounds basically like what the manga already did.
I just wish someone would license the novels so we could get the proper ending.
rurimonogatari

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:28 am Reply with quote
hexashadow13 wrote:
I think that ending is perfectly fine so I wonder what this does differently. Maybe someone that's read the light novels can chime in?

I'd be more interested in a manga of Ayase if. I have no clue how that would end up playing out.

I haven't read the LNs yet but I do know an awful lot about what happens in the story. Not gonna say too much since I think everything about it is great and because it's not your traditional Oreimo story.

First off, the story is an entirely new story written by Fushimi and is part of actual canon. It's an "if" story but it's still an official route.

The main difference between this and the official story is that Kyousuke doesn't go to America to find Kirino. Because of this they go on trip with the club and spend the summer together.
spoiler[The first volume has some sci-fi/paranormal stuff going on and the second volume is the drama after Kirino returns home.

]

As for Ayase if, there's already a manga currently ongoing. The first volume released a few weeks ago and is on it's 6th chapter on comicwalker. Ayase if's story is based off her route from the PSP games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1