• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Night Head 2041, The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated!, More Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:50 pm Reply with quote
So much CG...
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Is the new Night Head anime a reboot/standalone? I haven't seen the old anime and there doesn't seem to be a way to watch the drama but it seems interesting.
Erufailon4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:04 pm Reply with quote
So Netflix's exclusivity deal to +Ultra titles has ended?
SHD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:36 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
Is the new Night Head anime a reboot/standalone? I haven't seen the old anime and there doesn't seem to be a way to watch the drama but it seems interesting.

It's closer to a reboot. The basic premise is the same but there's a huge change right at the start, and, going by the new manga, things develop very different from there on. (There's a whole set of new characters to start with, including another pair of brothers.)

I hated the old anime (it's bad) but the drama is super fun in a cheesy low-budget early '90s TV series way. I love it to pieces. It's going to be re-run on TV sometime in the coming weeks so hopefully it'll be re-released on Blu-ray, too!
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:37 pm Reply with quote
It's always bad when you see an Anime that looks interesting... And it's 3D. Sad
SHD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:38 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
It's always bad when you see an Anime that looks interesting... And it's 3D. Sad

Going by the trailer it looks decent? Then again, as far as I'm concerned it could be stick figures on a static background, I'd eat it up with a spoon. Very Happy
Fall_2020

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Good news.
"Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai!" was expected. There was a previously deleted twit by Crynchyroll about airing it.
As for "Night Head 2041", I'm excited. The animation production is being handled by Shirogumi. The same studio that did the CGI for "86".
Hal14

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap. People are still making shows with that 'Humans only use x% of their brains' myth? I don't think I'll be able to take any of Night head's technobabble seriously if it's using that myth as its foundation.
SHD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:36 pm Reply with quote
HAL14 wrote:
Holy crap. People are still making shows with that 'Humans only use x% of their brains' myth? I don't think I'll be able to take any of Night head's technobabble seriously if it's using that myth as its foundation.

psssst you're not supposed to... it's just an excuse for characters to have psychic powers. Generally, this is not a story to take very seriously, anyway.
(Also, the premise is from 1992, a time when a lot of such pseudo-scientific psychic crap was pretty popular in Japan.)
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:43 am Reply with quote
HAL14 wrote:

Did you know the human body is 98% water?
Hal14

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:49 am Reply with quote
Sven Viking wrote:
HAL14 wrote:

Did you know the human body is 98% water?

Nooo, I did not. Is that why we have to wait 30 minutes to swim after eating?
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:30 am Reply with quote
Yes, otherwise you die of skin suffocation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1