• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Expo Returns to Los Angeles as Physical Event on July 1-4, 2022

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:21 pm Reply with quote
I really hope they cap the attendance. Crowds like 2019 can't happen again.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Anime Expo Returns to Los Angeles as Physical Event on July 1-4, 2022

I’ll believe it when I see the four-hour line to get in.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Curious to see what the crowds will be like next year for AX.

Could they expand the venue and add more space or it is already big enough?
senketsumatoi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:04 pm Reply with quote
xxmsxx wrote:
Curious to see what the crowds will be like next year for AX.

Could they expand the venue and add more space or it is already big enough?

I'm not sure how much they could possibly expand as they generally use every bit of the LACC and JW Marriott they can. Only other option would be to utilize Microsoft Theater(concerts, Novo (panels and concerts) and Staples Center (for big premieres and concerts)
dcwttaoo1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Anime Expo normally ends on a Sunday. But if "Day One" on FRIDAY, July 1, 2022, and "Day Four" to Monday, July 4, 2022, Isn't that a little wild?!
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:28 pm Reply with quote
I was told their contract ends with the LA convention center in 2020. If this is true then I would have hoped they would be picking the Anaheim convention center because it's much bigger.... I've read too many horror stories about the crowds.

Oh well.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:19 am Reply with quote
dcwttaoo1 wrote:
Anime Expo normally ends on a Sunday. But if "Day One" on FRIDAY, July 1, 2022, and "Day Four" to Monday, July 4, 2022, Isn't that a little wild?!

It's been like that before. Sometimes it's Thursday-Sunday. Really depends on where July 4 lands.
FLAZE35

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:23 am Reply with quote
capt_bunny wrote:
I was told their contract ends with the LA convention center in 2020. If this is true then I would have hoped they would be picking the Anaheim convention center because it's much bigger.... I've read too many horror stories about the crowds.

Oh well.

From what I've heard, part of the reason is because Anaheim lacks an equivalent to rooms like LACC's Petree Hall, used for bigger panels. After a quick glance at the floor plans, it also looks like LACC's smaller rooms have larger dimensions than Anaheim's, on average (meaning more people can fit in each room).

There's also new plans to expand the convention center and the nearby Mariott in the works (no guarantee that they'll happen though, since they've tried this multiple times).
senketsumatoi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:28 pm Reply with quote
FLAZE35 wrote:
capt_bunny wrote:

Oh well.

From what I've heard, part of the reason is because Anaheim lacks an equivalent to rooms like LACC's Petree Hall, used for bigger panels. After a quick glance at the floor plans, it also looks like LACC's smaller rooms have larger dimensions than Anaheim's, on average (meaning more people can fit in each room).

There's also new plans to expand the convention center and the nearby Mariott in the works (no guarantee that they'll happen though, since they've tried this multiple times).

I'll believe it when I see work actually being done on the LACC, otherwise it's just talk. As far as the ACC goes, there is the arena which could be used for the biggest panels. There is also the two ballrooms on the third level. But it's a moot point because I think AX is actually locked into the LACC until 2030
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1