• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Azur Lane Queen's Orders Manga Gets Animated Footage

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:04 pm Reply with quote
I know its just animated footage but IMO this would make for a better slice of life comedy anime adaptation compared to Slow Ahead even if the latter is officially backed. Their 4th anniversary pv was great
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:32 am Reply with quote
Queen's Orders latest chapters are always featured on the Azur Lane JP twitter, so if it's official backing one is looking for then it's given the same treatment as Bisoku Zenshin.

As far as I'm concerned, they're both supported by the developers and overseas publisher Yostar.

Compared to hori's work, this one is more focused on the comedy rather than showing off the shipgirl's bodies. Different tastes, but both works are really well drawn and if this one gets a season's worth of animation it'll deserve it.
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:38 am Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
Queen's Orders latest chapters are always featured on the Azur Lane JP twitter, so if it's official backing one is looking for then it's given the same treatment as Bisoku Zenshin.

As far as I'm concerned, they're both supported by the developers and overseas publisher Yostar.

Compared to hori's work, this one is more focused on the comedy rather than showing off the shipgirl's bodies. Different tastes, but both works are really well drawn and if this one gets a season's worth of animation it'll deserve it.

Really? I wish they featured it on AL's discord. This actually does a better job than BZ at building AL's world for non players and yeah the art doesn't exaggerate their figures
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:38 am Reply with quote
I'd personally like a multi season series that deals with the various special events in the game. They make up the best overarching actual story in the game. So it would be nice to see them turn all of those into a streamlined tv series that goes through each "event" in timeline order. I guess having this on the side would be akin to the FMP main seasons and fumoffu for an analogy. The 4 year pv was great and having animation like that for a multi season tv series would be great. Wait and see.
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:47 am Reply with quote
Redbeard 101 wrote:
I'd personally like a multi season series that deals with the various special events in the game. They make up the best overarching actual story in the game. So it would be nice to see them turn all of those into a streamlined tv series that goes through each "event" in timeline order. I guess having this on the side would be akin to the FMP main seasons and fumoffu for an analogy. The 4 year pv was great and having animation like that for a multi season tv series would be great. Wait and see.

Indeed. Personally Id like them to animate Scherzo of Iron and Blood at the very least. Not only is it based on real historical events but it packs the right amount of action and feels and top it off with Sabaton's Bismarck song if they can get permission.

EDIT. Here's the so-called footage. Or I assume so anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vV6Hg6hvXQ
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1