• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yuuki Kaji Voices Detective Conan's Shuichi Akai in Flashback Set 17 Years Ago

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dian Z

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:44 am Reply with quote
Haven't been up to date with the manga, but is this flashback an anime original or an adaptation of source material's recent chapters? The family's past seems to be essential for the latest story progress I read, and it might show some canon information to be an anime original.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Why do I feel like Kaji was already in Conan? I might b e thinking of someone else.

Getting to play a young Shuichi Ikeda is pretty impressive.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Kaji has been in Conan, as with pretty much everyone else in the industry.

He voiced a major character in one of the more recent movies at least.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Dian Z wrote:
Haven't been up to date with the manga, but is this flashback an anime original or an adaptation of source material's recent chapters? The family's past seems to be essential for the latest story progress I read, and it might show some canon information to be an anime original.

This is a manga chapter adaptation episode, so it will include canonical information as AOs don't.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:06 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Why do I feel like Kaji was already in Conan? I might b e thinking of someone else.

It's kind of hard to NOT be in Conan if you are a veteran VA, or even a newer VA. You have to be very very new to not be in Conan.

Being a re-occurring cast is a lot harder since there are less than 100 re-occurring characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1