• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Eureka Seven: Hi - Evolution Film Screens in Theaters in West in 2022

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:51 pm Reply with quote
I guess it's good people will get a chance to watch it but I can't muster any enthusiasm for these movies.
NomadGamer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:51 am Reply with quote
Yes. I don't know why, but the moment Dai Sato done with the series, I was excited with the news of the new Eureka Seven Project but not as enthusiastic I remember the OG one. Crying or Very sad
me_barron

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:42 am Reply with quote
There were movies? I remember the garbage sequel series, but I never knew there were movies. Are they any good?
Jeff Bauersfeld

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:59 am Reply with quote
me_barron wrote:
There were movies? I remember the garbage sequel series, but I never knew there were movies. Are they any good?

The first 30 minutes of the first film were good. After that, the structure and editing make it literally laughable. Lots of laughing/groaning at parts that were clearly not meant to be funny at the Otakon screening.
NomadGamer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:06 am Reply with quote
me_barron wrote:

Have you watch the Eureka Seven : Pocketful of Rainbows? Or in the English title Eureka Seven : Good Night Sleep Tight Young Lover?

I also realized this movie after watching the horrible AO.

Then after watching this movie, my point of view regarding AO is up a little bit. But, still horrible in my opinion. Way too horrible to be low-average.

The concept of Multiple Parallel Universes actually really got along with the series and could be a major critical point of the storyline. Until they bombshell it with lack of consistency from OG Series or 1st Movie to AO.

They could explain these in one or more series if they want:

1. Origin of Scub Coral
2. Why they have Archetype inside Scub Coral?
3. What exactly is Trapars.
4. What is Vodaracs? Why so hated?
5. Entire season for Sakuya x Nobu?
6. Entire freaking season for Holland, Dewey and Charles!
7. What exactly happened to Diane Thurston so she became one with central cluster?
8. They can Explain why OG series different than the Movie one.

But you know what they did?
1. Secret

Just that, but totally ruined the universe for me. Hoping it will be fixed with the trilogy, but nope. Just added branch to their multiverse. While I could tolerate the 1st Hi-Evo (Since it's just extended prequel). The 2nd one not so much. Will I watch the 3rd one? Sure, why not. Are you excited? Meh.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:57 am Reply with quote
I'm excited for Sing a Bit of Harmony I guess, never watched E7 but I hear bad things about pretty much anything other than the original series
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1