• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: The Fruit of Evolution: Before I Knew It, My Life Had It Made

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:47 pm Reply with quote
I didn't vote for this show and won't be watching it (i voted to inflict Yashahime upon you but i guess you picked your poison) but this line is absolute gold and i'm definitely planning to read along your reviews. Who knows, maybe it'll convince me to actually try watching it

Quote:
We're on a sinking ship made of tissue paper and crushed dreams, my friends, and if the S.S. Gorilla Fucker is going down, I'm taking every last one of you with me.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
All of us now living in a world where The Fruit of Evolution somehow got enough votes to warrant weekly coverage

I actually wasn't living in that world, until I was hit by a truck this morning and woke up in another world where everything is the same except The Fruit of Evolution has weekly streaming reviews. This is the worst Isekai ever.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Damn, even I didn't vote for this.
Grove

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:38 pm Reply with quote
I know someone who may like this show. I voted for this show so I could read the review instead of watching the show. Then I can make a recommendation based on the review.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:46 pm Reply with quote
It wasn’t me voting for this just in order to watch the reviewer suffer (I went with Platinum End for that purpose, this time), but the review is good enough that I feel kind of negligent for not having thought of it.

Last edited by Sven Viking on Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:56 pm Reply with quote
It's fun to see Hiro Shimono and Kana Hanazawa together again. Actually the entire voice cast for this is surprisingly stacked.

I thought it was pretty interesting that we actually had a confession and a wholesome relationship between a guy and a female gorilla. I'm curious how the rest of the Harem dynamic will work.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Look, I didn't vote for this OR Yashahime, so my deepest condolences. Stay strong.
SkyLETV34

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:02 am Reply with quote
One of my favorite shows this season, it's going to be great to have James Beckett hate watching it weekly lol.

I don't know, I'm happy to have Kana Hanazawa in a trashy isekai harem (again?) haha, and the rest of the cast is pretty good too. Other than that, I'm having a lot of fun with it so far.
EB01

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:55 am Reply with quote
SkyLETV34 wrote:
One of my favorite shows this season, it's going to be great to have James Beckett hate watching it weekly lol.

Though I doubt it will approach the god tier magnificence that the ex-arm episode reviews transformed into, it should still be a hoot to read.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:08 am Reply with quote
It's not the greatest, but it's definitely not the worst I've seen, (ahem, Pupa). Pull up your bootstraps, we are in for a good time of trash talkin'
Hyorp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:05 am Reply with quote
I don't understand where all the hate is coming from..

Yes, it's in no stretch of the imagination not a good show... But it doesn't deserver THAT MUCH hate. It's one of the seasonal isekai shows that falls a lot more into the trash watches, but sometimes we need some more trash for the fire.

Who wouldn't want another Tsukimichi or Tensura level of protagonist power spike, with a Zenitsu (Kimetsu no Yaiba) as the lead?

The moment that the reviewer found hilarious was to be honest one of the more compelling scenes I've seen in an isekai in a very long time.. Yes, Saria would soon become a well-endowed bishoujo.. But Seiichi didn't know this. So his moment with Saria was more heartfelt than pretty much any isekai protagonist has had with their leading female role.
a_Bear_in_Bearcave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:29 am Reply with quote
Sven Viking wrote:
It wasn’t me voting for this just in order to watch the reviewer suffer (I went with Platinum End for that purpose, this time), but the review is good enough that I feel kind of negligent for not having thought of it.

I also voted for Platinum End instead, hoping for reviews of it's infamous trainwreck of ending. Still, hat off to the reviewer! Also, F in the comments.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Hyorp wrote:
The moment that the reviewer found hilarious was to be honest one of the more compelling scenes I've seen in an isekai in a very long time.. Yes, Saria would soon become a well-endowed bishoujo.. But Seiichi didn't know this. So his moment with Saria was more heartfelt than pretty much any isekai protagonist has had with their leading female role.

Yeah, I'm glad he confessed and stood up for her while she was still a gorilla.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:51 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Characters go off-model in reused shots of the same still image, which I didn't even know was possible.

You wouldn't happen to have some screen shots illustrating this that you could post, would you? I certainly can't imagine how it's possible either.

You've got me curious about the make-out scene now, but I don't think I can sit through the episode to find it without a rough time stamp. I like gorillas, but there's pretty much nothing I hate in anime more than how they are always depicted, so not watching this was a no-brainer for me. The reviews look promising though.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:24 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I like gorillas, but there's pretty much nothing I hate in anime more than how they are always depicted

What about Cromartie High School?

Unrelated, but Love Hina had a gorilla as a harem romantic rival at one point, come to think of it (mostly offscreen).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7