• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Naruto Series Composer Yasuharu Takanashi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Yasuharu Takanashi is a legitimately solid composer some of his work from Hell Girl, Shiki and Naruto Shippuden is quite memorable.
harminia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:44 pm Reply with quote
I love Yasuharu Takanashi's work, he's one of my favourite composers. His soundtrack for Shiki still brings tears to my eyes.

While I don't remember the Naruto Shippuden soundtrack well (I only saw bits and pieces), I do recall there being very nice songs that heightened the scenes a lot.

Yasaharu has such a wide range of genres under his belt. I love that he can jump from a beautiful, simple piece, to a dramatic Japanese style song to a really cool rock song.

Thanks for the interview! I'm very glad for both his fans and the Naruto series fans that his music is now so easy to access.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Interesting information on how Takanashi creates his music for tv and film. I remember KIMERU (Yugioh Duel Monsters Opening 4) stated that he read the manga (specifically the final arc) then he was able to express all his feelings and thoughts when creating the lyrics and singing the song.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:00 am Reply with quote
I first became introduced to Takanashi's music through Sailor Moon Crystal and Smile Precure and I love the upbeat energy it has in those works.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:00 am Reply with quote
Yashuharu Takanashi's music is a big part of my teenage/young adult years. I'm 27 now and still listen very frequently to his works. He does have a bit of a formula, but a lot of times it works in favor of his style. To this day I love his works and will continue to do so!

I remember when Naruto Shippuuden OST 2 released in 2009, that actually felt like an event! Naruto fans wanted those new tracks so bad (especially Kouen, which is still fantastic) and we weren't disappointed.
It's a shame a large portion of Naruto (and Shippuuden) soundtracks have never been officially released and to this day I wonder why not. The show is huge all over the world and believe love the soundtrack, you'd think they could easily bank on that.

I do prefer his TV OST's over movie OST's. For movies the tracks tend to be shorter, a lot of times under a minute, which I understand fits within the pacing of a movie but it's not as fun to listen to on its own because it's over so fast. Other composers like Taku Iwasaki do this as well.

My personal favorites would be his soundtracks for Naruto, Fairy Tail, Shiki, Precure (Fresh, Heartcatch, Suite and Smile), Gegege no Kitarou 2018, Log Horizon and Tiger Mask W.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
OtakuKing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:14 pm Reply with quote
His Fairy Tail soundtrack is an absolute masterpiece. The track Destiny (Shukumei) is above everything else I ever heard. I can’t stop crying listening to it. Yasuharu Takanashi is the greatest japanese composer IMHO. He strokes the deepest chambers of the human heart. Anime cry Surprised
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1