• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kentaro Yabuki's Ayakashi Triangle Manga Gets TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:48 am Reply with quote
And it's gotta be Aniplex of all producers... Confused
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:59 am Reply with quote
Excited for the anime! This has been a top fav in Jump.

Aniplex though... I hope they treat this series well over here in the West, but after their complete neglect of Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs after its initial simulcast, I don't have my hopes up...
09jcg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:02 am Reply with quote
This will certainly be a wait for the blu ray experience. It got so extreme that Viz has completely delisted the digital release of the volumes.

Edit: Maybe that's something ANN can look into, the tankobon editions are delisted with future volumes canceled and there's radio silence from Viz. All you can get are the censored simulpub versions, and even thays been buried on the website
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:39 am Reply with quote
More Yabuki anime is always good. As you can expect, I will BD this because that is the only way to enjoy such goodness.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:44 am Reply with quote
So, Aniplex producing this means it'll go to CR and FUNimation?
xolulu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:36 am Reply with quote
Quote:
To Love-Ru -Trouble- author's manga about exorcist ninjas fighting spirits launched in 2020

Yabuki was the artist of TLR, not the author.
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:03 am Reply with quote
09jcg wrote:
This will certainly be a wait for the blu ray experience. It got so extreme that Viz has completely delisted the digital release of the volumes.

Edit: Maybe that's something ANN can look into, the tankobon editions are delisted with future volumes canceled and there's radio silence from Viz. All you can get are the censored simulpub versions, and even thays been buried on the website

I don't know about the release of digital volumes (I don't see a press release on ANN; did Viz announce they would do those?), but the simulpub has always been website only because it is 18+ (by their standards), and mobile app policies make it difficult to deliver 18+ content (though, Manga Plus seems to have no issues, somehow). See also Fire Punch and Golden Kamuy, and chapter 59 of Chainsaw Man.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:14 am Reply with quote
I've heard some good things about the series (action fantasy + Romcom always gets me going) and I've been a fan of Kentaro Yabuki since Black Cat, so it's nice to see him as a sole creator again.

I hope Aniplex treats it well and they get a good studio/production schedule.
09jcg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:35 am Reply with quote
blahmoomoo wrote:
09jcg wrote:

I don't know about the release of digital volumes (I don't see a press release on ANN; did Viz announce they would do those?), but the simulpub has always been website only because it is 18+ (by their standards), and mobile app policies make it difficult to deliver 18+ content (though, Manga Plus seems to have no issues, somehow). See also Fire Punch and Golden Kamuy, and chapter 59 of Chainsaw Man.
I know about that, I'm actually talking about purchase of the digital volumes. It's been complete purged. You used to be able to get volumes 1 and 2 with volumes 3 and 4 up for pre-order. they then cancelled all pre-orders across all sellers (nook, kindle, etc) and removed the ability to purchase from their own digital storefront. There was never any official statement as to why, but pretty much everyone assumes it's because the 18+ content in the volumes gets dialed way up in comparison to the simulpub.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:56 am Reply with quote
blahmoomoo wrote:
09jcg wrote:

The manga versions of "To Love-Ru: Darkness" makes "Ayakashi Triangle" tame in regards to mature content. Heck, I am surprised that they didn't put TLR:D in a seinen mag because it is certainly very seinen content wise to the point of being just shy of hard-core.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:52 pm Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
And it's gotta be Aniplex of all producers... Confused

This does not mean Aniplex USA will license it. Funimation has picked up a bunch of their stuff lately.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:18 pm Reply with quote
09jcg wrote:

I have been reading it on and off, though I've not kept up with all the chapters, and I fail to see how content would be the one thing to cancel it? Plenty of other official manga on my reading list is raunchier after all. Are Viz really such prudes? Confused
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:02 pm Reply with quote
There is also speculation that Seven Seas may have licensed the physical/ebook versions of the manga, prompting Viz to take down the ebook releases and leave the weekly simulpub chapters. Of course there is basically no evidence for that other than past history, but I can't think of much other reason. Viz is not against mature titles, they have their own 18+ BL manga line plus many others that are simply wrapped in plastic. Although digital is harder to release for mature titles since Kindle/Comix and other digital platforms are very anti-nudity/sex.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:28 pm Reply with quote
^Yeah, my guess is at some point Viz made the decision that publishing the volumes just wouldn't fit under any of their imprints, since AyaTri definitely gets raunchier as it goes along compared to its early chapters. And considering Seven Seas has already gotten several similar Jump/Jump+ titles for their Ghost Ship imprint, I'd imagine they're the most likely place to sublicense to.

As for the anime, I'm mostly surprised how quickly this announcement came, since the series is only about 1 1/2 years old, but I imagine they needed something to announce at Jump Festa.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:43 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
There is also speculation that Seven Seas may have licensed the physical/ebook versions of the manga, prompting Viz to take down the ebook releases and leave the weekly simulpub chapters. Of course there is basically no evidence for that other than past history, but I can't think of much other reason. Viz is not against mature titles, they have their own 18+ BL manga line plus many others that are simply wrapped in plastic. Although digital is harder to release for mature titles since Kindle/Comix and other digital platforms are very anti-nudity/sex.

I hope this is true! I would love to have Ayakashi Triangle physical volumes, no matter who put them out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2