• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Deep Insanity: The Lost Child (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:13 am Reply with quote

Deep Insanity: The Lost Child (TV)

Genre: science fiction
Themes:

Plot Summary: The world is overrun with the mysterious "Randolph syndrome" that causes sudden comas. Simultaneously, a massive underground realm called "Asylum" was discovered at the South Pole as the syndrome's origin. Weird creatures, unlike any on the surface, dwell there with previously unknown natural resources. To cure the Randolph syndrome (and to get rich plundering the creatures' genetic data and underground resources), people set foot in the Asylum. Daniel Kai Shigure who heads to the very edge of Asylum with a certain wish.

Oct. 12, 2021 (Tuesdays; FUNimation)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:40 pm Reply with quote
"After noticing some alarming trends regarding new hires, I've been hired as a consultant to help with the onboarding process. So, some quick questions:

Do you provide orientation to new hires?"

"Nope."

"I see. Do you tell them the basic rules for not dying?"

"Well, if there's time. But sometimes, a mission shows up, and there's no time to explain during our very long walks towards the elevator, and then descent down the elevator, and then while wandering through the magic forest. No time at all. We eventually get to it at the dramatically appropriate moment, though, so I'm sure it's fine. And then the new hires have the temerity to not know how to use the specialized equipment we have!"

"Do you explain how to use it to them?"

"Of course not, we just get mad that they don't know how."
ACxS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:05 am Reply with quote
1:

That first episode was so laughably bad, I don't even know where to start. Why would I bother to, though.

Dropped.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

I feel kind of dumb that I did not figure out she was El-Cee. Kind of looks like it probably should have been obvious if properly paying attention, probably by just by looking.

I have somewhere to be today in writing this, so I probably cannot be as detailed as I might want to be. This show was pretty messy, from the start not being very good, and even exploring most of the other characters was not that gripping. I do think that it kind of hit a stride when it started to focus on Leslie. Perhaps one part for me because of the transgender coding placed on her (which saw some inconsistent subtitles in places), but she was a pretty cool character regardless. A little dissapointing then that she kind of fell into a Bury Your Gays sort of thing. But I also think the series in general picked up around there when Shigure internalised some of her nobility.

Anyway, my rating will be So-so (5/10), it not really grabbing my attention, but I think it got a bit better that it became more watchable, if you were ale to get past the beginning stuff that wasn't that good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1