• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tribe Nine (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:46 am Reply with quote

Tribe Nine (TV)

Genres: action, science fiction, sports
Themes: baseball

Plot Summary: The year is 20XX. In "Neo Tokyo Country," the youth form "Tribes" to find a place to belong. Conflicts between Tribes intensify and the government passes the "XB Law" so that these conflicts can only be resolved through Extreme Baseball. Players can throw, hit the ball, and each other and the radical sport garners an enthusiastic audience. A bullied boy named Haru Shirokane who wants to become stronger and Taiga, who came from across the sea, meet the strongest XB player and leader of the Minato Tribe, Shun Kamiya. He will lead them against a man who aims to control all the tribes.

Jan. 10, 2022 (Mondays; FUNimation)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:05 am Reply with quote
1-3
I feel like this kinda got off to a slow start, but this last episode was pretty exciting. The villain (I guess the true villain is his father) looks like Genos' evil older brother or something, which makes him more interesting to me than he would be otherwise. Shallow reasoning, I know. Anyway, he's looking possibly redeemable, since he knows he got tagged and it seems to bother him that it wasn't a clean win.

So...I think spoiler[Shun may have just died? Kinda early to sign him off], given the promo materials, but spoiler[he got his falling star] and everything, so it would seem to be the case. Sad That could affect my interest in this going forward, depending on how they handle it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:30 am Reply with quote
Oh, Gina... always the naive waif. Wink Personally, I think it's a fake out, but we'll see. Great cliffhanger, though!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm normally pretty skeptical, but the spoiler[star]! Can't argue with that. Smile So I'm thinking maybe spoiler[his soul went into one of the baseballs] - like that's why they look like eyeballs. Shocked
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle. I'm still not convinced that spoiler[we've seen the last of Kamiya] but I'm impressed they've taken it even this far. The worst part of the whole thing... Gina Szanboti might be right! THE HORROR!!! Wink

I'm very curious what those... chip?... things portend.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
The worst part of the whole thing... Gina Szanboti might be right!

Well, as you know, this is one the signs of the Apocalypse. You're right to be terrified.

But the star never lies. That said, the new guy just looks like an ahoge-flipped and dyed Shun, so I think your prediction has already come true.

I thought it was interesting how at the formation of the team, Shun's attitude toward the game was word-for-word like the Genos' Evil Twin guy's.

Chip things -- you mean their tribe badges? I dunno. I just wish Minato's didn't look so much like a swastika made out of 9s. :/ Manji worked as what they are in Tokyo Revengers (and shouldn't have been censored), but not here. The ambiguity is too great to outweigh the baggage. Some of the other tribe logos are pretty neat though. Smile
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:44 am Reply with quote
Ah, that's what they are - tribe badges. Mr. Observant did not pick up on that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1