• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: My Hero Academia Season 5 OVAs – “HLB”/”Laugh! As If You Are In Hell”

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:20 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Anime's ability to make baseball look fun and interesting will never cease to amuse me.

One Outs it's the top example, a shame it didn't animate the whole manga.
BaronViolet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:40 am Reply with quote
You know what's sad? Instead of wasting time making useless filler they could have adapted two of the team up stories from the spin off manga. Or they could have made an ova about the league of Villains before the events of mva, adapting the Spinner parts they neglected! Did no one think of that? Were they thinking at all?!
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:55 pm Reply with quote
The fact that this came out and Crunchyroll didn’t do a tie-in with Major League Baseball or at least a local team feels like a missed opportunity.

At least the quality is fine for what’s essentially a means to hold over the loyal audience before the series proper begins.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:28 pm Reply with quote
The second one was a surprise, I wasn't expecting it to turn serious in the second part nor Deku using Talk no Jutsu.
Ishida_Akira(fake)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:53 am Reply with quote
I have major problem with the second one. The writers did not think very hard about how a power like Mr.Smiley would actually impact the world. This guy could literally stop Shiggy. Not only that, but since it also works recorded, you could use it as a weapon and stop ANY villain who's not blind.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Ishida_Akira(fake) wrote:
I have major problem with the second one. The writers did not think very hard about how a power like Mr.Smiley would actually impact the world. This guy could literally stop Shiggy. Not only that, but since it also works recorded, you could use it as a weapon and stop ANY villain who's not blind.

Pretty sure 1. He needs to be actually kind of close 2. Broadcasts need to be live.

And anyways people like Bakugo and Todoroki could have destroyed him if they did not have civilians' security in mind.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1