• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Cosmos Anime Films Reveal 3 More Cast Members

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:29 am Reply with quote
I'll miss the legendary Mitsuko Horie as Sailor Galaxia but Megumi Hayashibara is an icon herself and this is terrific casting for her if we have to have someone new. Nana Mizuki is also one of my favorite seiyuu and singers so I'm glad she's going to be Princess Kakyuu. I hope Mitsuko Horie will still have some role in Cosmos like maybe singing the theme songs again like she did in season three of Crystal. But I'm excited to see who they cast as the Sailor Animamates. I'm calling it now for Aoi Yuki as Sailor Iron Mouse.
harminia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:07 am Reply with quote
I remember some people in the other thread talking about Megumi Hayashibara being a good possible cast for Galaxia. No clue if those people somehow knew beforehand but congrats, it came true!
Looper2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:42 am Reply with quote
harminia wrote:
I remember some people in the other thread talking about Megumi Hayashibara being a good possible cast for Galaxia. No clue if those people somehow knew beforehand but congrats, it came true!
I didn't know it beforehand, just always thought that Megumi would have been the great choice for Galaxia since of how she was important in 90s, but still only had that one role in one of the movies - Himeko Nayotake, which wasn't a very big role, honestly.

And designwise, Galaxia just seems like a character that could have Megumi's voice, IMO.

Anyway, amazing choice for such a villainess - 90s seiyu superstar for the villainess created in 90s.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:43 am Reply with quote
Now I'm even more hyped!
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:59 am Reply with quote
Great choice for Galaxia and Princess Kakyu! I am waiting for these movies!
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:23 am Reply with quote
Dang, they actually got Megumi Hayashibara as Galaxia! She'll be an amazing fit!

Also awesome to have Nana Mizuki. Wasn't sure if Kotono would still play Chibi-Chibi.

Can't wait for the castings for the Animamates!
Multi-Facets

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Oooo, these are some big-ticket names! I like it. Very Happy
1dbad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Looper2 spoke it into existence! Shocked

Hayashibara getting a bigger role in Sailor Moon is a dream come true. I think she'll be an especially great fit for Galaxia's manga characterization.

Mitsuishi reprising Chibi Chibi isn't surprising, but I'm excited by what that means as a manga fan. Mizuki's also a nice get, but I kind of wish she had been a Starlight so we could've gotten a song, lol.
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:08 pm Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
Mizuki's also a nice get, but I kind of wish she had been a Starlight so we could've gotten a song, lol.

She should have been brought in much sooner for more songs.

If there's no vocal album planned after these films are out, it'll be as much of a waste as her casting in Dragon Ball Super Broly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1