• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible Anime Delayed After Episode 6 Due to COVID-19

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aerdra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:15 am Reply with quote
So many anime running into production issues this season. This may be a consequence of the sudden reopening in China leading to the sudden spread of COVID-19.
PipimiOden

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:29 am Reply with quote
Lol rip most of the Winter 2023 anime, knew this year was gonna be uneventful in the anime sphere. Hoping for the recoveries of everyone involved in the production, but sheesh isn't all this an example of why you shouldn't outsource all your animation
Dayraven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:53 am Reply with quote
Are we sure this delay isn’t because Kubo has let him be invisible after all?
JustMonika

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:03 am Reply with quote
Dayraven wrote:
Are we sure this delay isn’t because Kubo has let him be invisible after all?

getout.gif
Kaoru G

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:00 am Reply with quote
I really love this anime. So chill and peaceful
xevius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:18 am Reply with quote
Glad I had too many shows to watch to begin with this season because they're dropping like flies.
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:44 am Reply with quote
I would love if Answerman dug a little deeper into this topic to see what is going on with this deluge of production delays. Right now there is a lot of speculation about why this keeps happening: is it due to outsourcing, covid numbers in Japan, mismanagement, all the above?

Would love some clearer answers because this is starting to feel like winter 2020 all over again.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:44 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Aime to restart airing from 1st episode in April

Typo. The 'n' in anime needs to be there.
Meongantuk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:48 am Reply with quote
Aerdra wrote:
So many anime running into production issues this season. This may be a consequence of the sudden reopening in China leading to the sudden spread of COVID-19.

Nah, the covid spike in Japan has been going since around November, spiked mid-late December (with record breaking death) and early January.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:52 am Reply with quote
Connor Dino wrote:

Would love some clearer answers because this is starting to feel like winter 2020 all over again.

Do you mean Spring 2020? Because as far as I remember, delays started that season, not in Winter.
Aerdra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:55 am Reply with quote
Meongantuk wrote:
Aerdra wrote:

Nah, the covid spike in Japan has been going since around November, spiked mid-late December (with record breaking death) and early January.

I mean in China, where a lot of anime work is outsourced.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:56 am Reply with quote
Connor Dino wrote:
I would love if Answerman dug a little deeper into this topic to see what is going on with this deluge of production delays. Right now there is a lot of speculation about why this keeps happening: is it due to outsourcing, covid numbers in Japan, mismanagement, all the above?

All of the above. If companies didn't try to push all of these series to air this soon and concurrently, there wouldn't be a such huge overreliance on Chinese companies for outsourcing.
omnistry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:58 am Reply with quote
I think it is high time that the anime industry stops putting on shows that haven’t been fully completed yet. It’s getting ridiculous seeing so many series being delayed because they’re still in production. Once the final frame of the final episode has been drawn, and the final line’s been recorded, that’s when an anime should be given the green light to be put on TV.
xevius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:02 am Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
I think it is high time that the anime industry stops putting on shows that haven’t been fully completed yet. It’s getting ridiculous seeing so many series being delayed because they’re still in production. Once the final frame of the final episode has been drawn, and the final line’s been recorded, that’s when an anime should be given the green light to be put on TV.

Agree. Get the season in the can and then release.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:39 am Reply with quote
Wait hold on aniplex is doing demon king academy 2 not kubo so why is kubo the one getting delayed!!!!!

JK

But I am surprised that they are delaying episodes so far in advance, the 6th episode and beyond must have had something completely wreck the production schedule.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3