• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - May 3 - 9

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nebs

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:30 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Is it safe to assume that everybody knows that Aizen is the real BAD GUY BEHIND THE CURTAINS now?

YOU SON OF A... nah, I'm just messing with you.

Quote:
Shu and friends stop for a bite to eat, but that soon becomes a recipe... for disaster! Except not, because they make friends with Bouquet, a waitress with a unique power.

Would that be her massive boobage? Cause if so, she might have problems with the dub version. So far she's only appeared in the ending credits, which have alternated each & every episode with her chest being edited & unedited. So one wonders how she'll look when she appears in the actual show.

EDIT- My video skills at work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLNN_Jprkbs

Last edited by Nebs on Sun May 04, 2008 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:20 am Reply with quote
reading the blurb on the front page made me think:

"CULIKU BEAM"
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:01 am Reply with quote
Isn't Yu-Gi-Oh GX's current story/plot bad enough without having the Karas remark included by lack of proper separation? Besides, everyone knows the Skull Bishop was a character from MAR (unless they blinked and missed the five out-of-order episodes shown.)
MetatronM

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:36 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I realize that Adult Swim supposedly posted a new schedule that has Shin-chan airing dead last, with two Inuyasha repeats leading the Saturday pack. That, however, was not what was on their official website, so I'm sticking to my guns, no matter how stupidly wrong I might be in the end! This is a matter of pride, and laziness!

Actually...http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/index.html

Smile
Nebs

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:17 am Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
Isn't Yu-Gi-Oh GX's current story/plot bad enough without having the Karas remark included by lack of proper separation?

Season 3 = best of the series, yo. Though the dark & morbid tone is a big departure from the cheariness of the first two seasons, which could bug a lot of people. Still though, awesome stuff. Too bad 4Kids ruins it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
sk1199

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:40 am Reply with quote
I'm confused by the Gokusen listing. The Encyclopedia link given shows it's 50 mins per episode but the column is showing 30 mins. Encore isn't known for editing their anime and I can't see editing almost half of each episode worthwhile (either for the airer or the viewer). So what's going on here?
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:27 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Is it safe to assume that everybody knows that Aizen is the real BAD GUY BEHIND THE CURTAINS now?

Wow, it takes that long for the anime to run up to that point in the story? I'm glad I chose to read the manga.

As for Code Geass; despite its sometimes blatantly nationalistic narration, the show is still a hell of a lot of fun to watch Very Happy
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:05 am Reply with quote
Don't worry, after the soul socity arc, Aizen won't show up for a long time. I've been reading the manga for a few years now, but the manga is slightly much better than the anime.

The anime version of Bleach good points are; Excellent dub, limited edits and the plain fact fans get to see Bleach characters in color.

The manga's good points are; More detailed story, the intensity of the diffrent arcs, more support characters and of course the awesomeness of the bankai arc.

I want to support Viz Media for as long as they make intersting series, so I only purchase the Viz Media version of Bleach. Also, like other fans, I watch the dubbed version of Bleach on Adult Swim. Despite Johnny Bosh's other work's, his voice for Ichigo fits perfectly.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:38 pm Reply with quote
VAMPIRE WARS!

I actually thought the animation was alright considering the time period. Don't get me wrong, it had its moments. The thing that got me was during the last 10 minutes or so the storyline actually becomes fairly interesting. And then the credits roll! I was like what the hell, it was getting kinda good. This is one of a long line of OAV's that could have benefited from and extra 30 minutes and maybe a real ending. Oh well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quote
I haven't check in for a while, but..when did Digimon stop getting listed? Especially since new episodes of Savers/Data Squad are still airing.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:27 pm Reply with quote
If Vampire Wars is even half as horrible as Psychic Wars was, it'll provide many epic lulz.
rocklobster

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:40 pm Reply with quote
The Sci-fi Channel seriously needs to get another company involved with Ani-Monday so that they can get a wider selection of stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
Wow, it takes that long for the anime to run up to that point in the story? I'm glad I chose to read the manga.

Actually, 62 episodes for about 20 or so volumes of manga material is pretty good compared to other series at that same point. Naruto was just crossing the 100 episode mark at that same 20 volume point, and One Piece minus the filler arc at that same point was just over the 100 episode point as well. Hunter X Hunter never made it to that point in the anime, but if it had indeed done the chimera ant arc it probably would've been in the area of late 90s or so, once again pretty close to the 100 episode mark. Not sure about Dragonball, but considering the first part of it's manga series was about 16 volumes long and the Dragonball anime was 100+ episodes as well, not to mention when it got to that point in Z, yeah, I'd say it falls under that category as well. Wink
malik_chan

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Please allow me to show my frustration towards Adult Swim. Um, Inu Yasha? Seriously? Show some damn Trinity Blood or Blood+! I was looking forward to them rerunning Blood+ during the weekday, then they redid their weekday schedule with no anime. I want Blood+ back! Or Eureka 7... I'll settle for either.

But wasn't it revealed that Aizen was the villain like two episodes back?
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Nice, Saturdays are all anime again!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2