• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Shippuden Kizuna Movie's Trailer Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimyo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Very Happy

Naruto x Sasuke! Awesome!

Laughing
cenorig

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quote
'Bonds', ey? As if it's not gay enough already. Most of the Naruto movies have sucked and I don't expect anything better from this one. I have to admit, though, that the trailer was good. Flying mechs surely aren't canon and the whole scene looked like FMA but if they try out something new, maybe they won't fail this time. I hope Shika gets a larger role.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Wow, so I wasn't the only one who noticed how close Naruto and Sasuke were.

I don't typically enjoy anime movies that much, but this movie may be better than the the last two Naruto movies.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:51 pm Reply with quote
This is going to be GREAT.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:28 pm Reply with quote
I still haven't seen the FIRST Shippuden movie yet, and they are releasing a second one already... I noticed the change in the OP/ED for NS, and it looks like it's to support this new movie. Looks interesting.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Chouji, Shikamaru, and Hinata are going to have bigger roles in this film (I hope!). Man, I can't wait to see it! I loved the first Shippuuden movie, and the second one seems even cooler than the first.

-must find the theme song though- I love HOME MADE Kazoku (favorite J band ever!), and I was so jamming to the song while I watching the trailer. Anime hyper
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Couldn't see the video for some reason..... Anime cry

But from the sound of things I was kind of going into this hoping it would be a movie version of certain events that have happened in Shippuuden up 'till now, but I guess not.... Sad It's a darn shame too, because Shippuuden could reeeeaaaallly use something like that right now.......

Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Why should you be? It's pretty obvious to anyone who's seen/read Naruto what their relationship (best friends) is. Unless you're talking about all that Yaoi crap about them that gets around........ In which case, I'd say you're an idiot just like they are. Rolling Eyes
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:46 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
It's a darn shame too, because Shippuuden could reeeeaaaallly use something like that right now.......

I don't know, the current filler arc in Shippuden may be the best Naruto filler arc I've seen (especially considering last week's awesome double-episode).

Not that that's saying much (I've never watched the 136-220 filler, and don't plan to anytime soon), but still.......

As for the movie, doesn't look too bad. It makes no sense whatsoever within the continuity (the first three fit somewhat, the first Shippuden, not so much), but hey, it's a fun "here's what could have happened" sort of deal.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:31 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
BrothersElric wrote:
It's a darn shame too, because Shippuuden could reeeeaaaallly use something like that right now.......

I don't know, the current filler arc in Shippuden may be the best Naruto filler arc I've seen (especially considering last week's awesome double-episode).

Not that that's saying much (I've never watched the 136-220 filler, and don't plan to anytime soon), but still.......

No I'm mostly talking about the cannon material in Shippuuden. I don't think the glacial pace it went at did any of it justice. At all.

Haven't actually been watching it lately because of the filler though, so I haven't seen it in order to tell you fairly what I think of it. Anime smile + sweatdrop But from what I hear, yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised if it was the best Naruto filler yet. Which yeah, isn't saying much......
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Error.

Last edited by doctordoom85 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Whoops, posting error.

Last edited by doctordoom85 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
doctordoom85 wrote:
BrothersElric wrote:

No I'm mostly talking about the cannon material in Shippuuden. I don't think the glacial pace it went at did any of it justice. At all.

Haven't actually been watching it lately because of the filler though, so I haven't seen it in order to tell you fairly what I think of it. Anime smile + sweatdrop But from what I hear, yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised if it was the best Naruto filler yet. Which yeah, isn't saying much......

Well, I thought the Gaara arc was handled decently (episode 26 FTW), but yeah, the spoiler[Sasuke/Sai] arc was at DBZ-level pacing (in other words, REALLY slow). But once this filler arc is done, the pacing should get back to good, since the anime is currently over 90 chapters behind the manga (including Kakashi Gaiden, which I hope will be animated soon), not to mention Kishimoto has said his goal is about 500 chapters, so the manga only has about 95 left to go probably.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:44 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
Yeah, I couldn't see it on the site either, which is why I had to go and search it on YouTube. Low quality, but hey, gave me what I wanted to see. Anime hyper
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:

But from the sound of things I was kind of going into this hoping it would be a movie version of certain events that have happened in Shippuuden up 'till now, but I guess not.... Sad It's a darn shame too, because Shippuuden could reeeeaaaallly use something like that right now.......

Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Why should you be? It's pretty obvious to anyone who's seen/read Naruto what their relationship (best friends) is. Unless you're talking about all that Yaoi crap about them that gets around........ In which case, I'd say you're an idiot just like they are. Rolling Eyes

Despite the concrete fact of knowing they are best friends, the image for the movie made them both look like they were very close for some reason.

I am sure this is all speculaton and such, I am sure the intial intent of the image is to show that Naruto and Sasuke are going to have a large role in the movie.

Personally I am NOT into the Naruto fandom, so like I said, its all speulation.
midori kou

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:09 pm Reply with quote
I stopped watching Naruto avidly, but the trailer for the movie intrigues me, not to mention the animation. I like it when they take out all the bright, happy colors and make it all moody and drab. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2