• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
San Diego Comic-Con 2008

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panda Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:38 am Reply with quote
Did ANN team up with G4 for the SDCC? If so, could this mean G4 is possibly thinking about bringing their anime back to the US.
mmangelly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:10 am Reply with quote
If anyone can could you ask...

*4Kids if they plan anything for Shaman King as it has been completely removed from their websites

*Viz about Ultimo and if they have any plans for the Shaman King Ultimate sets that are coming out in Japan

I forgot the one other thing I wanted asked. Oh well it probably wouldn't get asked anyway. Thanks to anyone who does though.

Tell Funimation to license rescue Shaman King.
-mostly a joke but not really also.
Panda Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quote
mmangelly wrote:

Tell Funimation to license rescue Shaman King.[/i] -mostly a joke but not really also.

I forgot about shaman king long ago. Never watched or read it, and never realized they quit showing it. Probably quit it because it wasn't as popular as the other shows like Pokemon and Naruto.
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Anyone else noticed how they didn't talk about anything anime related on G4?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:18 am Reply with quote
They really didn't need to with all of the banners around the show booth.

There was some passing comments, but yeah, they didn't actually focus on anime or manga at all. Maybe Friday's show?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Panda Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:36 am Reply with quote
I get the feeling G4 won't be bringing anime beack like I thought. Maybe they were hoping that if they sponsor a site that anime fans read, then possibly more of the audience may come back. They aren't what I would call the most popular network so they need to do whatever they can.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:03 am Reply with quote
Panda Man wrote:
mmangelly wrote:

Tell Funimation to license rescue Shaman King.[/i] -mostly a joke but not really also.

I forgot about shaman king long ago. Never watched or read it, and never realized they quit showing it. Probably quit it because it wasn't as popular as the other shows like Pokemon and Naruto.

They didn't quit it, it finished its run years ago. It's only 64 episodes, which is really short for a series of that genre, and they kept putting it on hold over the summer anyway so it wasn't really around enough to gather much attention.

I don't think 4Kids' license on the series runs out for another year or so anyway. If anyone decides to rescue SK (unlikely, but I refuse to give up hope!), it won't be until '09 or later.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zivil

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't anyone find it odd that Tokyopop isn't mentioned? Don't they have a booth or panel? I know they are reducing their licenses, but they haven't closed up shop completely, have they?
LightYagami

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:52 pm Reply with quote
The yen press link is NOT correct it currently links to:

company#6612

The correct link for the comic con yen press article is:

animenewsnetwork.com/convention/2008/g4-presents-comic-con-08-yen-press

Hopefully, this will be fixed soon.
Youal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Where's your coverage on Imagi Studios' Astro Boy. Did you guys manage to uncover any news or pictures on this movie?
Durxc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Zivil wrote:
Doesn't anyone find it odd that Tokyopop isn't mentioned? Don't they have a booth or panel? I know they are reducing their licenses, but they haven't closed up shop completely, have they?

I didn't see there booth and G4 probably doesn't cover the anime topic that much because its a gaming network. There probably just there for the comics and games.
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Durxc wrote:
Zivil wrote:

I didn't see there booth and G4 probably doesn't cover the anime topic that much because its a gaming network. There probably just there for the comics and games.

It was announced several weeks ago (during the whole downsizing drama) that Tokyopop would NOT be having a Comic-Con booth. In fact, I think they chose just to not spend any money on sending any of their staff to San Diego.

Also, they did have a panel at AX, but not at SDCC.
bamwabam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:37 pm Reply with quote
was there anything about rebuild of evangelion there?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1