• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV) - dub.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nick0991

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:06 pm Reply with quote
This >>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pJWoB-Q6HU Is pure win.

not a spoiler just JYB's crazy laugh from episode 23 it rapes the original hard! Very Happy
Dreaming Sky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:17 am Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
Ohoni wrote:
And apparently obsessed girl has completely lost it, which was amusing, and the new princess is an adorable character.

Yeah, that was quite a little freak-out. Watch out for her, by the way: you may remember that a handful of episodes ago she experienced some geek-bonding with Lloyd over spoiler[how to build an atomic bomb.]

Aha, I was right! *cough* Sorry, just something I was thinking about for a while. Embarassed

I just saw the episode online, I was actually sobbing. I've cried before when watching an anime, but never sobbed. It was that sad.
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:05 am Reply with quote
freezespell wrote:

Oh my god. Anime dazed First I think that Rem from Death Note is a male shinigami and now this! Well, with Rem it should have been more obvious to me because of the pinkish skin tone and female sounding voice, but how could I have known about V2?

Don't worry about it. When I was reading the manga, I didn't get that Rem was female until it was revealed. When they don't have the Great Nourishing Globes around, it's hard to tell. I also visualized Rem having something more akin to the voice the dub gave Ryuk. Ryuk's voice was adequate, but not what I heard in my head. I envisioned him sounding more like a vaguely spooky trickster-god type.

Not that it matters- it's mentioned overtly in the manga that Shinigami are non-functional...
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:14 am Reply with quote
For somebody so broken up over spoiler[Euphemia's death], you'd think Lelouch wouldn't be having as much fun as he's having.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
wolfsbane12

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Lulu's gone loco. He's Hamlet, it was bound to happen.
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Lelouch isn't the only one gone loco, Nina seems to have lost it too, but then again, I think she was long gone from any semblance of sanity after the incident with the table. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
braves

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quote
So, this episode had a lot of twists and turns, even though spoiler[the Suzaku vs. Lelouch fight was largely uneventful, and it didn't go the way I wanted to. And Suzaku just turned into Lelouch in this episode and that's not good. Neutral ]

It seems kinda late to have a new opening, but I guess given the conditions with the Japanese broadcast, it's understandable.

Right now, it looks like there are just too many things going on at the same time, but I'm still finding it enjoyable. And on the other hand, I can totally see why some people are calling the 2nd season a train wreck. It's even evident right now. Can't wait to see it. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
joshuafer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:44 am Reply with quote
I have to wonder what spoiler[ crazy ex-amnesiac chick is gonna do, whats gonna happen to Shirley, since she was the one that shot her, and what will happen with well pretty much everyone... lol like cornelia and the crazy girl on the robot...so much to do, so little time !]
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:43 pm Reply with quote
LuckySeven wrote:
I think she was long gone from any semblance of sanity after the incident with the table. Shocked

What was that "incident with the table", anyway? I keep hearing about it, I saw the episode where it was suppossed to happen, but I didn't note anything- maybe my mind wandered at a crucial moment?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
LuckySeven wrote:
I think she was long gone from any semblance of sanity after the incident with the table. Shocked

What was that "incident with the table", anyway? I keep hearing about it, I saw the episode where it was suppossed to happen, but I didn't note anything- maybe my mind wandered at a crucial moment?

spoiler[The scene was pretty dark, but it was implied that Nina was humping on a table while looking at pics of Euphie.]
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:42 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
spoiler[The scene was pretty dark, but it was implied that Nina was humping on a table while looking at pics of Euphie.]

Implied is such a weak word; it happened. spoiler[She did climax, after all.]
Key

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:16 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Implied is such a weak word; it happened. spoiler[She did climax, after all.]

What episode was this supposed to have happened in? I don't remember this at all, and I've seen all the episodes that [as] has broadcast.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:29 pm Reply with quote
It was episode 12, and AS did broadcast it. The clip is even a featured video on adultswim.com's video section.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Key

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Boy, that does seem pretty obvious what she's doing, especially with the sound effect. Don't know how I missed that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Gotta love AS's sense of maturity. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 34 of 60