• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Gallery - Lisa Tao

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:23 am Reply with quote
Hey, I saw her work (and her) at NYAF! I specifically remember "Family" and "Spider Web". Her stuff stood out to me because it seemed just about the only (or one of the very very few) booths that wasn't full of fanart.
cetriya

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:55 am Reply with quote
oh, I recognize her work from DA.

I'm glad the column is still going!

I've felt the same pressures as her both in school, work and cons but (though stress ful at times) I've kept to my roots.

What do I buy? hmm.. not much since i have to make money back at my own table but Online I'm more likely to buy a collection of works like sketch books and art books. Prints tend to be expensive the more popular the artist is and I can't afford 10$ for 1 print per person at the con. I might buy a button or 2 but things like bookmarks and key chains and small items like that don't do much for me since I wouldn't know where to display them and you can only have so many of those little items.
Chibi-kun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I usually pic up a couple of new book marks, some posters and little cute buttons or have a sketch drawn of me chibi.
Pinkwings

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Her art is [expletive] delicious. That looks fantastic. I like the dark girl she drew.
Sirenlove

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:02 pm Reply with quote
YEAH ANIME BLACK GIRL!!!!!!!!!

*calms down* i love that pic.

I thought her work looked familiar! was it really at nyaf? man, the artist alley was just so crowded I didn't get a good look really. ugh next time maybe i'll to go all weekend...

wow I really hope though that she gets to do her own features even if its a short. I really like her style and would love to see anime or animated film by her.

Great article Evan, nice find. lol except you got a little typo in there it says "ell" instead of "tell" in the in depth part.
Orange_Popsicle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:43 am Reply with quote
Oh, I've seen her DA before. Family really stood out to me. I think her art is great.

Anyway, I normally try to buy art from artists alley that isn't fanart. I mean, fanart is great and all, but I want original art for my collection, you know? My favorite buy ever was a large poster of a cat girl sitting in a tree. The color scheme was great, and every time I look at it I want to go sit in my nectarine tree in the backyard.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:31 am Reply with quote
A very soft and pleasing style. I'm glad she resisted those ethnocentric professors. Good art, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, not from a text book of a teacher who thinks his, or her idea of good art is best. I really want to see Miss Tao's animated shorts and whatever anime she is working on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1