• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cease & Desist Letters for Eva: 1.0, Soul Eater Fansubs

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJTyrant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this means we're actually getting the Eva movie over here, I loved seeing it at AX this year.
se37

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quote
That just means it's going to get harder and harder to find good Soul Eater Fansubs. At least my favorite fansubbers haven't been hit yet so I can still watch Soul Eater... which is good since I'm more then half way though the series. Hope someone picks up Soul Eater soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quote
If these two get licensed by Funi, that would be awesome, as they are easily in my "top 5 most wanted to be licensed" list.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Well hopefully someone will license Soul Eater sometime soon... Or maybe it will show up legally on Crunchyroll! That would be cool!
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:13 pm Reply with quote
See I believe the shows that are being C&D are the ones that should be streamed on sites like Crunchyroll and Hulu, not Naruto.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
wilson_x1999

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:14 pm Reply with quote
I think that the fact that Seto no Hanayome has already an english title shows that they plan to bring it here.
stopher87

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:17 pm Reply with quote
For one I am glad that naruto is being put up on hulu. It makes it more legitimate, but are we entering a new age of anime where C&D letters are the norm. I would not fault anime companies for doing this or fansubbers for stopping, which is what they should do. I will say though that if you do not provide an alternative you will have a lot of pissed off fans out there.
animalia555

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:18 pm Reply with quote
This isn't going to stop anyone, especially when there is no legal way for fans to enjoy it.
_Earthwyrm_

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:23 pm Reply with quote
animalia555 wrote:
This isn't going to stop anyone, especially when there is no legal way for fans to enjoy it.

No legal way yet. Wink
This news makes me smile, because it makes it seem more likely to me that these shows will see a release.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:27 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
Well hopefully someone will license Soul Eater sometime soon... Or maybe it will show up legally on Crunchyroll! That would be cool!
Yeah it would. If the quality was half-decent. At least on youtube there's a trick to getting it to display files that were uploaded in 720p in 720p. Crunchyroll the quality is crap no matter what u do.
animalia555

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Earth_Wyrm wrote:
animalia555 wrote:

No legal way yet. Wink
This news makes me smile, because it makes it seem more likely to me that these shows will see a release.
Given the price of a license for the Eva movie I doubt it will be licensed any time soon.
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:37 pm Reply with quote
animalia555 wrote:
Earth_Wyrm wrote:
animalia555 wrote:

No legal way yet. Wink
Given the price of a license for the Eva movie I doubt it will be licensed any time soon.

I see people say crap like that all the time, but nobody ever posts figures. Just how much are the Japanese companies asking for a license, anyway?? Facts please.

I for one, take this as a sign that Funi may be on the verge of getting Eva 1.0. That would just rock my world. Smile
jdnation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Getting access to on-Demand channels or streaming distribution over Sony's PSN service for PS3 at good prices would help... And by good prices I mean maybe $1-3 per episode or in some kinda deals like $15 per season or 12-13 eps.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:41 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:

I'd prefer it on Hulu...

As I haven't liked most of the fansubs for Soul Eater (screw you Answerman, I've had 4 years of Japanese, I can tell, not to mention typos), I'd love to see Funimation release it the way they've done with Shikabane-hime.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:43 pm Reply with quote
HD quality streams and we'll talk.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 11