• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seitokai no Ichizon Light Novels' TV Anime Green-Lit

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:00 am Reply with quote
wow she's REALLY thin
kakoishii

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quote
moe artistry...strike 1

male surrounded by bishoujo girls, possible harem....strike 2

possible high school anticts.......strike 3

This anime series does not appear to be my cup of tea at all Confused
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Besides the sci-fi and Kyon not being the only male, this sounds sort of like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
Leebo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:50 pm Reply with quote
kakoishii wrote:
moe artistry...strike 1

male surrounded by bishoujo girls, possible harem....strike 2

possible high school anticts.......strike 3

This anime series does not appear to be my cup of tea at all Confused

Thanks for sharing?
hara

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Most original story concept ever!
Again, production budget just wasted.
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I happen to like moe harems (unoriginal or not). I'll reserve judgment. -_-
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Hm... this sounds like it could be along the lines of a Lucky Star or Hyakko. I look forward to it. Smile
Joichiro Nishi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:20 pm Reply with quote
hara wrote:
Most original story concept ever!
Again, production budget just wasted.

The sad part is that the fandom will love it.
Zipper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Wow, moe school girl harem anime with generic character designs and an overdone premise. Didn't see THAT coming. :sigh:
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Just another harem and fanservice laden show I will not watch. Seriously, there must be other ideas for shows that haven't been done a thousand times already.

Moe, fanservice and harem antics, nothing new at all.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quote
As much as I love moe and harem comedies, this just looks plain awful. Then again, after the godawful H2O I'm automatically biased as soon as I see that artwork, so maybe it'll be better...but christ I hate that art. So much.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Ranma824

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:46 pm Reply with quote
I already call Waaaaah-bulance on this thread. Do you people seriously have nothing else to do but wine-n-cheese about every "fan-friendly" show?

How about a good observation, like why aren't Light Novels taking off in R1? Seven Seas and Tokyopop tested the waters, and didn't like what they felt. It seems that the Haruhi novels from Little, Brown is either going to make or break the novel market.
Leebo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, I doubt I'm going to watch this show, but all the grumbling about how it's a waste and how it's unoriginal is one of my pet peeves. If it's unsuccessful, it's going to go away. If it's successful and you don't like it, just shrug and don't give it a second thought.

I don't rush into the announcement topic for every beefcake action series that comes along, even though I've got as little interest for those as some of you seem to for this.
Zipper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I guess our "wine and cheese" get about as old as these creativity-void series Japan keeps pumping out. The sad thing is that these shows are successful, otherwise Japan would have moved on years ago. I especially hate it when I see productions that actually try to be creative and do something that's actually different and that's not just an afterthought get bashed to hell by so many anime fans, yet tripe like this gets thousands of fansub downloads and multiple fansub groups subbing it. It's hard to move on as an anime fan without saying something when 90% of anime tends to be productions such as these. I understand full and well that I don't have to watch them, but it is slightly annoying to know that so many resources are going into shows like this when they could be going into something more worthwhile. Unfortunately stuff like this is making lots of money, and of course that's the only thing any business cares about. Moe moe moe. Harem harem harem. Romcom romcom romcom. *yawn*
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Zipper wrote:
I guess our "wine and cheese" get about as old as these creativity-void series Japan keeps pumping out. The sad thing is that these shows are successful, otherwise Japan would have moved on years ago. I especially hate it when I see productions that actually try to be creative and do something that's actually different and that's not just an afterthought get bashed to hell by so many anime fans, yet tripe like this gets thousands of fansub downloads and multiple fansub groups subbing it. It's hard to move on as an anime fan without saying something when 90% of anime tends to be productions such as these. I understand full and well that I don't have to watch them, but it is slightly annoying to know that so many resources are going into shows like this when they could be going into something more worthwhile. Unfortunately stuff like this is making lots of money, and of course that's the only thing any business cares about. Moe moe moe. Harem harem harem. Romcom romcom romcom. *yawn*

OK, seriously, you get 1,000,000 bonus points for this post. Thank you for expressing my exact sentiments.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3