• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga U.K. to Release 1st Professor Layton Anime Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clovis15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:51 pm Reply with quote
I really hope that manga Entertainment can go the simple path, which they will probably consider themself far too clever for (unfortunately), of using the same actors as seen in the English releases of the games.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure what you mean by "clever", but if this is a UK-only release then it won't have a dub, unless it is co-
produced
with someone in the US.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:36 pm Reply with quote
You know, I need to play these games sometimes. Though I have watched the Newsgrounds fan-videos of the series, which are hilarious:

"KILL has four letters in it, Professor!"
"I've got no time for your passive-aggressive BS!"
"I'll see you later." "Not if I sneak up behind you first. I'm just kidding. Who says things like that?!"

Hilarious stuff.
Razzuel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I hope that this gets released in the US as well. I love Professor Layton, and this movie looks amazing. It would be even better if they could get the voice cast from the game and produce an English dub!
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:46 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
TheTheory

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Might just have to import that if no R1 company picks it up. While I've not personally played the game (I really do need to get a DS sometime), I've always liked the look and feel of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Clovis15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Well, in this case clever refers to the fact that it is often cheaper and more convenient to not try to get the same actors as a game used.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:05 pm Reply with quote
TheTheory wrote:
Might just have to import that if no R1 company picks it up.

The fact it will be dubbed suggests an R1 company is involved in the UK release. More news relevant to your market may well arise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sfried

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:24 pm Reply with quote
It's the question of WHO the voice cast is and whether or not they will be the same ones from the game. Christopher Robin Miller is a fantastic Professor Layton and I don't think you can find a better candidate for an english voice. Lani Melina isn't so convincing with Luke's cockney accent, so I'm hoping the UK's Maria Darling would provide his voice instead.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:08 am Reply with quote
"We're distributing it for Viz Media Europe. I know we want the voice cast from the game."
http://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/11814030417

Might be a hint as to Viz having the US rights...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1