• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Macross Frontier Gets Music Video Collection

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:00 pm Reply with quote
i wish they'd just make a new series already.
Frontier technically debuted in late 2007. long time now
macross38

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

Yes technically speaking it did debut in 2007 but that was a preview.It did not really start to 2008.
They have done material for older series.Example.Look at the movies they are doing for evangelion.That is well over a decade old and they are still doing material for that.
I know we will never legally see any new macross material here in america which is shameful at best.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

At the rate Macross goes, you only get a new TV series once per every 10+ years or so. You had SDF in 1982, 7 in 1994, and F in 2008 (show proper) with a few sparse OVAs between. And if they do do another Macross series, it's probably not gonna be about the Frontier, their story is over. Maybe another OVA series a few years from now might be cool, but I'd prefer it not burn itself out like Gundam tends to.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Glad I was able to contribute. Smile
From what was shown at the event, the music clip DVD is going be pretty cool. It's actually because of this DVD that the second movie will be released a little later than anticipated.

(Psst, it's "GokuMew2" with a 2 at the end. Wink Perhaps the "for the news tip" got inserted between by accident, hehe.)
Dakaran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:51 pm Reply with quote
I just want them to release it in NORTH AMERICA or from JAPAN but with English subtitles. Razz
Ashminigun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Probably they follow the Flash Back 2012 format since the Frontier movie (based on the trailer that I've watched) is similar to Do You Remember Love; alternate re-telling of the original Frontier series.

I hope the second movie is the continuation of the series/movie and bring closure to love triangle between Alto, Sheryl and Ranka.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:14 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

er, I'd be happy if they'd release it in the US... You realize the last thing they released in the US was Plus, right?

While I'm wishing I want a pony too, because I know this tie-up is all about litigation, but still...

In any case, I suppose sometime next year I can import because music vids don't really need subs... I would listen as they are, but it'll be pricey...
The Nagabuchi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:29 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

Sorry, but for a Macross series thats absolutely nothing. And the movies are continuing the series popularity - Mac F fever is still in full swing in Japan now - the Girasama Festival was huge - 3 hr waits for merchandise, both sessions of 8000 seats sold out months in advance. Theres even a club I go to that has regular(ish) Mac F dance nights. There is no need for a new Macross series for a while and I dont expect a full new series until the 30th anniversary in 3 years time. (Hopefully Ill still be in Japan then!).

As for the movies, they are an alternate universe take on the series, as Kawamori himself said on Sunday. They are meant to be viewed seperate, much as the new Eva movies are a different retelling of the series (but the series is the definitive version).
Senna

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:45 am Reply with quote
Assuming this includes all of the awesome concert scenes from the show, I would purchase this over a series set. (Though it doesn't seem likely we'll ever get either ... but I can dream, right?) Those were definitely the highlight of the show for me; I loved the music.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1