• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is This a Zombie? 2 (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quote

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead (TV)

10 episodes

I enjoyed the first season and I am glad there is a second season. The first episode was funny. I loved how the students paid no attention to the giant flying squid, but kept taking pictures of Ayumu in his crossdressing mode.

[EDIT: Added the Encyclopedia entry. -TK]

Last edited by WhiteHairGirls on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Just finished the first eppie and larfed copiously. Like the intro of spoiler["The Fairy."] Favourite line: spoiler["My damn darling!"]
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Just finished the first eppie and larfed copiously. Like the intro of spoiler["The Fairy."] Favourite line: spoiler["My damn darling!"]

That's another girl for Ayumu. I got a feeling that she's a vampire or vampire ninja based on her appearance and eyes. (similar to Seraphim?)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:08 pm Reply with quote
The first episode felt like one big throw back to season one with the plot being very similar to the first episode. The students mentioning a something in the news, but this time it is spoiler[Ayumu as a Masou Shojo,] meeting strange girl at night, although this time it was spoiler[some drunk loli]. And finally being spoiler[sexually assaulted by a similar Megalo, although this one turned into a squid and he had the expectation of erassing memories, which did not hapen.] We also got several characters saying exact phrases others had said, I think there was a few gems from Sera which the students repeated.

I missed some things like Sera's sharp tongue, Haruna turning everything about herself, or twisting it like praising him for having a hallucination. I like how Sera turned his mysterious meeting into him apparently spoiler[having some kind of imaginary friend which means he is some kind pervert, he actually seemed to believe it it went for it for emotional suport.] It was funny how they refused to believe in ghosts just before said what they each are, there is even a necromancer among them. Actually looks like Sera might be able to cook without melting the pot, and we had 3 imaginary Eu's this time, and Eu having a conversation with one after the credits.

Heres to our classy new character.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
That's another girl for Ayumu. I got a feeling that she's a vampire or vampire ninja based on her appearance and eyes. (similar to Seraphim?)

Yes, she was introduced in the later episodes of season. Also, it helps to watch the OVA since it clears up what she said this episode.

The jokes from season one return - Ayumu's "I'm a zombie." line, Seraphim's brutal words, and Eu's... silence which is HNNGGGGGG inducing. Aw, man, I'm reminded of how much I love season one. I can definitely see the references to the first season's first episode. spoiler[Ayumu protecting his glorious ass from the Megalo. That's a total reference to that lobster Megalo from the first season.]

I laughed too many times this episode. I'm digging the OP and the ED a lot. Excuse me while I clean my computer screen - I think I may have kissed it too many times.
silencer226

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Ah, my mindless fun show has returned, oh how I've missed you. Good start to the new season in my opinion, I had a good laugh, especially the end result of everything that happened.

When is Funi releasing this (Season 1, obviously not 2) on bluray, I'm buying two copies of it Razz.
Otishio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quote
That was funny...Definitely watching. spoiler[Favorite scene was where the drunk loli puked rainbows] Very good first ep.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2
Man Ayumu really is in hell, forget serial killers, flying whales, and being blown to pieces, having spoiler[the world think of him as a pervert crossdresser and exhibitionist seems far more taxing, he was taken by the police as well.] Possibily worse is he has became spoiler[some sort of internet celebrity, sadly it seems totally plausable with the internet. I don't get why just does not screw it reveal the truth, not like anyone is suporting him (except some sort of drunk fairy) it totally Haruna's fault.]

Also got to be one of the scariest non yandere confesions I have seen in anime, something he totally should avoid, but almost the kindest words he got. spoiler[Sarasvati definetly has the vocabulary of Sera with talking to Ayumu, do wonder how it is Haruna and Eu just hapened to come by a website dedicated to Ayumu's butt.]

Haruna and Eu looked spoiler[jealous of Yuki's advances, but they practically told her that they were not interested to him so she can do it herself.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:19 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Haruna and Eu looked spoiler[jealous of Yuki's advances, but they practically told her that they were not interested to him so she can do it herself.]

I'm not sure but Eu doesn't seem to actually have "feelings" for Ayumu yet. It might just be affection or mutual respect. The rest of the other girls though...ya they definitely have a thing for him; not sure about the nurse loli though.

spoiler[Seraphim develops feelings for Ayumu later on in the novels]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:26 am Reply with quote
Also forgot to mention the scene towards the end which spoiler[made it look like Ariel (Dai Sensei) has an even darker side to her, some sort of torture when she tried saying she was defensive of them before. Also fake Eus and Ayumu necromancer outfit.]
APPLE 01 DOJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:45 am Reply with quote
any word on funimation's release of this show?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:40 am Reply with quote
Funi still has not announced the official release date, but the thinking is it will probably be sometime in this calender year. However, Funi has been known to miss its targets before.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:59 am Reply with quote
I loved the first series, but something about this season just isn't clicking with me. I feel like I've seen all of this before in the first season. spoiler[The return of the Boob Witch is nice, though.]
APPLE 01 DOJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:54 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Funi still has not announced the official release date, but the thinking is it will probably be sometime in this calender year. However, Funi has been known to miss its targets before.

Can't wait. Hopefully it gets a Blu-Ray release.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Why can't I find this show anywhere? I'm so frustrated! Funi said they'd be streaming it on NicoNico, right? So why isn't it streaming legally anywhere? Evil or Very Mad

The fact that I can probably find a way to watch it anyway is not the point. I wish Crunchyroll still had it! Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4