• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gungrave & ROD the TV to air on G4TechTV

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmanjdb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:26 pm Reply with quote
About time you guys notice!!!!!

If it wasn't because I was channel surfing I would missed one of the best animes I have seen. (ROD)
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I wouldn't have posted this newsbit after how rudely the people reporting it behaved. But eh, I guess you kinda had to.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Leigh Garbs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Alright, now to switch the channel to G4TechTV ... wait a minute ... it's not there.
TheDoom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:05 pm Reply with quote
But, I watched Gungrave on Tech TV last night...This story is 2 days off, it seems.
biliano*

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:08 pm Reply with quote
dmanjdb wrote:
About time you guys notice!!!!!

If it wasn't because I was channel surfing I would missed one of the best animes I have seen. (ROD)

I agree. I caught ROD on Tech TV last week and instantly got hooked on the series. All of the characters in ROD are awesome (especially Anita). On the other hand, I watched the first 5 minutes of Gungrave and changed the channel; it's awful. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by biliano* on Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Key

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:18 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't terribly impressed with the first two eps of Gungrave, either. And having to switch my TV to Wide-Screen mode just so it would look right was a little annoying.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:23 pm Reply with quote
G4TechTV seems to be pulling their releases out of a magic hat, because no one notices that they have these shows till about 3 days before they air.

I wonder what else is in the hat? Peacemaker Kurogane? Zeta Gundam?
biliano*

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:24 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
G4TechTV seems to be pulling their releases out of a magic hat, because no one notices that they have these shows till about 3 days before they air.

I wonder what else is in the hat? Peacemaker Kurogane? Zeta Gundam?

Peacemaker Kurogane won't be seen on Tech TV because it's an ADV title, and ADV is very stingy about other networks (outside their own) showing their titles. Personally, I like to see Texhnolyze on Tech TV, but that might be too graphic to air on television, even at midnight.
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:51 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Personally, I wouldn't have posted this newsbit after how rudely the people reporting it behaved. But eh, I guess you kinda had to.

Oh you must be refering to ANN's @$$hole forum poster of the Year. LMFAO he was funny for a second,(as in a laughing stock) but those beligerent posts can get tiresome after awhile.

To your credit you handled it better than i would. and this is coming from the guy who once Critiqued you for being intolerant of certain posters. Wink

ROD TV seems to be holding it's own, of course i like the OVA much better but that's me. As for GG, you either love it or hate it. i'm sorta in the middle. IMO It wouldv'e been much better as an OVA. (Thus we don't need to see tiresome 18+ backstory episodes.) A more conventional plotline is in order.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:54 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
Peacemaker Kurogane won't be seen on Tech TV because it's an ADV title, and ADV is very stingy about other networks (outside their own) showing their titles.

Of course, with Milk Chan coming to Adult Swim that whole concept goes right out the window. Because of this we really can't say things like "won't" or "never" when it comes to ADV broadcasts.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:54 pm Reply with quote
the_soultaker wrote:
Nagisa wrote:

Oh you must be refering to ANN's @$$hole forum poster of the Year. LMFAO he was funny for a second,(as in a laughing stock) but those beligerent posts can get tiresome after awhile.

To your credit you handled it better than i would. and this is coming from the guy who once Critiqued you for being intolerant of certain posters. Wink

ROD TV seems to be holding it's own, of course i like the OVA much better but that's me. As for GG, you either love it or hate it. i'm sorta in the middle. IMO It wouldv'e been much better as an OVA. (Thus we don't need to see tiresome 18+ backstory episodes.) A more conventional plotline is in order.

The back story is the highlight of Gungrave, and it is episodes 2-16 that are the back story.
bubble

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:30 pm Reply with quote
They stopped showing ROD. After checking the schedule and their forums, it looks like they won't be showing any new episodes till at least November. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
herbkir

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Rather than show their new series from start to end, G4TTV is showing them in segments. They're doing the first half of ROD and the first half of Gungrave now, with the rest of these series to run in the future. This is like what they did with Last Exile. I don't know when they plan to run the rest of RoD or Gungrave. And maybe G4TTV themselves don't know when, yet.

With Exile, I've been renting the DVDs as they come out. I'll probably have seen them all by the time the 2nd half runs on G4TTV. Hope they don't take months and months before they run the rest of RoD and Gungrave. (^_*)
arxane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
biliano wrote:
Peacemaker Kurogane won't be seen on Tech TV because it's an ADV title, and ADV is very stingy about other networks (outside their own) showing their titles.

Of course, with Milk Chan coming to Adult Swim that whole concept goes right out the window. Because of this we really can't say things like "won't" or "never" when it comes to ADV broadcasts.

Emerje

A better reason why "Peace Maker Kurogane" won't air on G4TechTV is because it does not fit the channel's guidelines, which seem to be the following:

Quote:
In the true gamer spirit, "Anime Unleashed" focuses on the sci-fi elements of anime, titles that imagine what our near or far future will be like, probe the relationship between humans and machines, dream of what alien civilizations could be like, and more.
> More Info On Anime Unleashed
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:21 pm Reply with quote
the_soultaker wrote:
Nagisa wrote:

I thought that they were awesome. They were really really really funny posts! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2