• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tiger & Bunny Anime Inspires Chess Pieces from Megahouse

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:24 am Reply with quote
And still no word on the US DVD release.

*sigh* Sad
poonk

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Whoa. Even though I'm not interested in chess I may try to pick up a few choice pieces (at least Kotetsu & Barnaby, naturally). The question is, how hard is it gonna be to get my hands on these?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sariachan

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:22 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
Whoa. Even though I'm not interested in chess I may try to pick up a few choice pieces (at least Kotetsu & Barnaby, naturally). The question is, how hard is it gonna be to get my hands on these?

Not as hard as you may think.. if you send me a PM, I will give you a list of trusted online shops where you will probably be able to order them. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
poonk

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Sariachan wrote:
poonk wrote:

Not as hard as you may think.. if you send me a PM, I will give you a list of trusted online shops where you will probably be able to order them. Wink
Well, I do know/patronize the "regular" figure shops (AmiAmi, HLJ, HobbySearch, Big in Japan, Otacute, Aikoudo, Anime Export, & Anime Island to name the sites I've used to order figures before) but I'm just wondering if these will be any sort of "special" or "exclusive" that won't be easily preordered-- if you can call the free-for-all-let's-crash-AmiAmi-etc. that goes down when a Taibani figure is open for preorder "easy". So when I say "hard to get" I don't mean so much where to order them but actually getting an order in before they're sold out. But if you know of any other sites I'm all ears. I usually end up having to preorder Taibani figures from the site(s) of last resort, i.e. the more expensive ones.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:42 am Reply with quote
Last time ANN reported on Megahouse chess pieces, they came as $9 blind box items. Which works a lot better if you have people to trade with. Still, it could take a while to assemble a complete set of 32 pieces.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:10 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
Sariachan wrote:
poonk wrote:

Well, I do know/patronize the "regular" figure shops (AmiAmi, HLJ, HobbySearch, Big in Japan, Otacute, Aikoudo, Anime Export, & Anime Island to name the sites I've used to order figures before) but I'm just wondering if these will be any sort of "special" or "exclusive" that won't be easily preordered-- if you can call the free-for-all-let's-crash-AmiAmi-etc. that goes down when a Taibani figure is open for preorder "easy". So when I say "hard to get" I don't mean so much where to order them but actually getting an order in before they're sold out. But if you know of any other sites I'm all ears. I usually end up having to preorder Taibani figures from the site(s) of last resort, i.e. the more expensive ones.

Since you are giving some names here I guess I can do it too, so here you are some I bought from (other than the others you already know): Gashapon-and-Figure-City (eBay store), Plamoya, Nippon-Yasan, ToysLogic, Mandarake, CdJapan and Play-Asia.

I hope it will help! ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1