• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saki Episode of Side A Anime to Air 3 More Episodes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:30 am Reply with quote
While the current Saki is nowhere near as good as the original, this is still good news to me Very Happy Interesting to see it run 15 episodes though. Must mean that the summer doesn't have much going on again.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:09 am Reply with quote
Excellent news. This will give the semi-final match even more time so that the drama can really be there (which is should, considering we're finally going to see Shiraitodai and especially Teru play).
Saffire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:32 am Reply with quote
That's quite an unusual announcement. Not that I'm complaining.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:33 am Reply with quote
I wonder if theres a 9-10 episode season next season due to this.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:36 am Reply with quote
Not likely. There won't be another season until Ritz is close to finishing up the Nationals... which could honestly take another couple of years.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Not likely. There won't be another season until Ritz is close to finishing up the Nationals... which could honestly take another couple of years.

I might have worded it wrong. I meant if the anime replacing its time slot next season would be 9-10 episodes since this one is carrying over, or if they just won't have an anime in this timeslot next season.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:13 am Reply with quote
Cool maybe one of them will be the start of the second season for the main one
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:24 pm Reply with quote
I was scared they were cutting the show short. Anime industry scrounges up each show to 12-13 episodes and never to a straight 26. Too many money issues in the industry today.
Tsuruya-San

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, more Saki is always good Very Happy
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:08 pm Reply with quote
time to watch saki's sister body those girls.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:19 pm Reply with quote
TERU TIME BEGINS

There will be no survivors!
relentlessflame

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:02 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I might have worded it wrong. I meant if the anime replacing its time slot next season would be 9-10 episodes since this one is carrying over, or if they just won't have an anime in this timeslot next season.

Even though the title of the article says it will "air 3 more episodes", I don't think they ever said that it will air on TV or in the current timeslot. I think it's more accurate to say "there will be three additional episodes". I think the most likely scenario is that they'll appear on the Blu-Rays/DVDs (and could possibly stream online beforehand).
LuScr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Excellent news. This will give the semi-final match even more time so that the drama can really be there (which is should, considering we're finally going to see Shiraitodai and especially Teru play).

When did they know that the season would get three more episodes? If it was a late development (and given the way they rushed through pretty much everything leading up to this, I have a hunch they didn't know they'd have the extra time to play with) then they'll probably wrap up the match when the season normally would have ended and do fillers for the extra three eps.

That might not be a bad thing, depending on what they use them for, but...
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:14 pm Reply with quote
relentlessflame wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Even though the title of the article says it will "air 3 more episodes", I don't think they ever said that it will air on TV or in the current time slot.

The magazine interview has a subheading: "プラス三話の放送が決定!!" (Airing of three more episodes green-lit!!)
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:25 pm Reply with quote
LuScr wrote:

When did they know that the season would get three more episodes? If it was a late development (and given the way they rushed through pretty much everything leading up to this, I have a hunch they didn't know they'd have the extra time to play with) then they'll probably wrap up the match when the season normally would have ended and do fillers for the extra three eps..

Honestly, they didn't rush much at all. I think except for one episode, all of them have been one chapter = one episode adaptations. So it's not that the anime rushed things, it's that the manga did. And it's pretty easy to understand why Ritz did it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1