• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Fighting Game Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:05 am Reply with quote
Finally! See Arc System Works now thats a sequel. 3 added characters, new stages, and some character costume changes. The only reason I never picked up Continuum Shift was because I wasn't paying $40 just for 2 new characters and 2 DLC characters. Since I never got Continuum Shift It'll be like I got 6 new added characters. Very Happy
Dmysta3000

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Finally! See Arc System Works now thats a sequel. 3 added characters, new stages, and some character costume changes. The only reason I never picked up Continuum Shift was because I wasn't paying $40 just for 2 new characters and 2 DLC characters. Since I never got Continuum Shift It'll be like I got 6 new added characters.

Your gonna be REALLY lost on the story though, I reccomend at least picking up Continuum Shift Extend, that one has all availible DLC characters from the start, all of the other DLC from the other versions can be unlocked in-game (like bonus colors and unlimited characters), plus it contains both CT AND CS's story modes.

In fact, the Only ACTUAL DLC Extend has is bonus annoucers (but then again you can even unlock some of those in-game)

Anyways, SO pumped for this!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:38 pm Reply with quote
At least it's a legit sequel. If it was another rehash, dear god...But I don't get the new charas whatsoever. I would assume it would be Nine or Jubei or Kokonoe
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Freakmasta wrote:
At least it's a legit sequel. If it was another rehash, dear god...But I don't get the new charas whatsoever. I would assume it would be Nine or Jubei or Kokonoe

They're probably going to be in. They probably will be revealed either for the console port or further down the line for the Arcades.

I can't see them leaving them out. And if they do, I'll eat my hat.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:41 pm Reply with quote
AWE YEAH! However, Noel's new outfit was kinda... strange. What was wrong with her old one? Eh, I'll grow to like it someday soon.
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
AWE YEAH! However, Noel's new outfit was kinda... strange. What was wrong with her old one? Eh, I'll grow to like it someday soon.

she's not a cop anymore.
opn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote
ITS ABOUT TIME ARC SYSTEM! Anywho now that i got that out of my system i can't wait for this since i liked continuum shift and calamity trigger a lot.
Babel Secondorph

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Noel seems more confident now. I wonder when the states will see this.
opn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Babel Secondorph wrote:
Noel seems more confident now. I wonder when the states will see this.

Around the same time as the japanese version i imagine.
suna_suna

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:45 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:

maybe for the console version. but as of now, the only known date is Winter 2012, and that's likely for the arcade version
opn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quote
suna_suna wrote:
opn wrote:

maybe for the console version. but as of now, the only known date is Winter 2012, and that's likely for the arcade version

Aren't console ports usually only a couple monthes after the arcade release?
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:26 pm Reply with quote
They give arcades a few months before console releases. Work out the balance issues as well as profit for arcades/Arc System. We'll most likely see the console release next year.
DarkPhoenixMishima

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Literally the day after I make fun of Blazblue not being able to come up with a name for a third game.
You win this round Arc Systems. And you also won my wallet.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Give. Me. Now. FINALLY we get to continue the story. Guess P4A and those other contracted projects ate up ASW's time.

Also, I noticed that there was NO Murakumo unit either of the Nu design or the Mu design. Intriguing.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:

I agree, the new Noel outfit looks ridiculous. I also don't find it appealing, which is the worst part IMO. Luckily I don't play as Noel, but unfortunately, so many people I play against do, so I can't ignore the outfit Sad

I'm ready for a new Guilty Gear on consoles, BlazBlue can take a backseat until that is accomplished. I suppose BlazBlue could add in the omitted features from Guilty Gear and give us the Guilty Gear characters and I'd be cool with that...it's not as though it would throw off the "continuity" (You played the story mode, you know what I'm talking about) and even if it would, I contend that with the Engrish-y title "Continuum Shift" on a previous release they have covered that base.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2