• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled First 10 Minutes Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Out of curiosity, how long have OVAs been shown in theatres for? I remember reading that the new Kenshin Kyoto OVAs were in theatres as well, and was confused. Doesn't it sort of take away from 'Original VIDEO Animation'?
IkariGendo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:41 am Reply with quote
Is the august 26th release date correct? So far only Crunchyroll mentions the date, I couldn't find it on the official page or usual Japanese online stores.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Animation looks fairly good and so far the first ten minutes have me interested, even though I'm not familiar with the Code Geass universe.
aereus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:01 am Reply with quote
Yeah the nightmare CG looked pretty good there.

For the moonspeak impaired: spoiler[This appears to take place some time after Japan fell to Brittania and was turned into Area11. A European alliance of sorts is fighting the Britannian military and has a squad of Japanese pilots called the 130th Suicide Squad or something like that.

The Euro commander freaks out over the operation being overran by unexpectedly large numbers of enemy units. The tactician girl wants to order in reinforcements to rescue them, but the commander is willing to just let them die. (Talks about how the Japanese believe in the kamikaze and like dying etc, so who cares if they get wiped out...)

Tactician girl then asks him if he really wants their blood on his hands, as he can't just wash it off. Disarms him, etc. Then Akito goes all Suzaku-hax obviously when they cut off the preview. Smile]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1