• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Coo's Hara to Direct Colorful Film with Sunrise Studio

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:44 pm Reply with quote
At first glance, I thought this new film was related to this series. Thankfully, that isn't the case.

The premise sounds quite interesting. Will have to keep tabs on this since the original novel is award-winning, and Sunrise is the animation studio.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:25 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
At first glance, I thought this new film was related to this series. Thankfully, that isn't the case.

I'll admit I was frightened by that at first (we are talking about a Shin Chan director after all), but the article cleared things up quickly. Sounds promising.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hara

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:25 am Reply with quote
A person who wants to live is trapped in a body of someone who wants to die?

With all those lukewarm cliche adaptions that were announced recently this one sounds refreshingly interesting and promising.

But I am a bit worried about this being a $unrise production.
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:56 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:

In a way, I find it reassuring that I'm not the only one to think of that Colorful when reading the headline to this article.

Anyway, this movie does sound very interesting. I'm looking forward to it.
nagato316

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:49 am Reply with quote
hara wrote:
A person who wants to live is trapped in a body of someone who wants to die?

With all those lukewarm cliche adaptions that were announced recently this one sounds refreshingly interesting and promising.

But I am a bit worried about this being a $unrise production.

Judging from this premise, this could indeed be one of those "under the radar" hidden gems; I'm already intrigued. Though i'm not sure why having "the house that Gundam built" producing this would be an issue. Said mecha franchise has given Sunrise more than enough capital to be able to take daring artistic (less profitable?)chances like this.
nagato316

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:54 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:

Which begs the question...has Bamboo "Shelf Life" Dong been notified of this? Wink (If not mistaken, I recall she listed that other Colorful as a favorite "guilty pleasure" title...)
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:

The premise sounds quite interesting. Will have to keep tabs on this since the original novel is award-winning, and Sunrise is the animation studio.

Me too I was about too be really disappointed. This on the other hand sounds interesting and original, something that seems to be hard to come by these days.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I admit, I would not be opposed to a live action version of the dirty Colorful(). I think that would probably be friggin hilarious. But a big budget animated film? No thanks.

Now this seems like a very serious film they are taking on here. Never really heard of it before so I can't say for sure, but it sounds like it will be interesting too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1