• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, August 26-September 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xScar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quote
You guys had me scared for a second... two different Tezuka titles on the same day?!

Barbara comes out September 11th.
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Got my copy of Freezing.

Best new dub I've listened to this year so far.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Awww! Funimation saved Kaleido star and is re-releasing it! That's great, it's a wonderful anime with a beautiful story that deserves to get re-released. Good for you Funimation!
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quote
There's a Great Gatsby manga? Too bad I didn't know about it when I had to do a paper on the it. Flipping through a manga is so much more productive than flipping through a novel.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:05 pm Reply with quote
SereneChaos wrote:
There's a Great Gatsby manga? Too bad I didn't know about it when I had to do a paper on the it. Flipping through a manga is so much more productive than flipping through a novel.

Ya should've just watched the movie then! Laughing
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:58 pm Reply with quote
the only thing among them i see must want have is Freezing anime dvd-blu set.

give from sources i checking the dub now this is INTENSE EXCITE dub to watch sure i want to yes yes yes watch again & again so much make want to see a s2 of it.

so yes yes yes me want Freezing anime dvd-blu especially this KLAC's week me want it.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:12 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Ya should've just watched the movie then! Laughing

Man, life would have been so much easier if interesting and especially accurate films about the books were made. Now no one's going to have to read that novel again for class, just let Leo tell you how it went down. The major problem is when films take liberties or leave important points out, making them less useful if you're trying to scrape by doing that over reading. I never cared much for Gatsby while reading, so a film that illustrates the opulence and nouveau riche lifestyle of Gatsby compared to the old money would have come across stronger. Sure there's been older films, but they don't have Leo. And Anna Karenina didn't have Jude Law. Shame that Gatsby got delayed, it would have been an incredible year for literature told on the screen in epic proportions.

As for anime, I'm curious to see that Starship Troopers. Something tells me they'll try out a bit of the satire bend Verhoeven's film went with, but miss it entirely or make it overbearing where the humor is lost, like in the third film.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:07 am Reply with quote
I am so going to buy that the girl who leaped through time novel.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:55 am Reply with quote
Small correction: It's Only the Ring Finger Knows prose novel 5 that's coming out, not a graphic novel.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quote
xScar wrote:
You guys had me scared for a second... two different Tezuka titles on the same day?!

Barbara comes out September 11th.

Digital Manga's website notes that Barbara comes out on August 29. Often Digital Manga releases manga through its Akadot retail website a few weeks before they get released in stores or via Amazon. Thus we go by Digital Manga's schedule on its website for its books, not through Amazon or Right Stuf's release date listings.

st_owly wrote:
Small correction: It's Only the Ring Finger Knows prose novel 5 that's coming out, not a graphic novel.

Thank you, the entry has been fixed in the article.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure that I'd call the SST:Invasion CG movie "anime".

I don't have high hopes for it, as I don't care for J-CG (TBH I don't care for any CG, as it and "shakey cam" + quick camera cuts have ruined modern movies...) but it does feature voice acting by Sentai Filmworks actors, and the CG motion capture was done by those same actors. The blu-ray, which (thankfully) cost way less than the MSRP listed in this article, is loaded with extras. One of those extras involves Sentai actors like Emily Neves and David Matranga running around in bodysuits while cavorting about with fake weapons. Hilarious.

I thought that Casper Van Diem and Neal Patrick Harris were both attached to the project and would be involved in the voice work/mocap. CVD seems to be just the executive producer and not Johnny Rico (though Matranga is awesome) while NPH has seemingly no involvement whatsoever on the project. I guess he was too busy "Being Awesome" on everyone's "favorite" chick-oriented comedy How I Met Your Mother for this.

I have no real idea who Justin Doran is Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1