• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hatsune Miku Project Diva F's 30 Songs, New Modules Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:40 am Reply with quote
As an art freak, Agitation is definitely the design module I'm mot excited about.

I'm only somewhat familiar with the Vocaloid craze (Some good songs), but I've always liked the plethora of interesting art and character designs to come from it.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:19 pm Reply with quote
I hope people buy this for the game, because if they just want the music, they can just go to iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, or NicoNicoDouga and download them. I'm still not too happy with the design of the characters for PD, I perfer the designs of Kio Shiki instead.
tubers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
I hope people buy this for the game, because if they just want the music, they can just go to iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, or NicoNicoDouga and download them. I'm still not too happy with the design of the characters for PD, I perfer the designs of Kio Shiki instead.

W/c design is that?

If only SEGA allowed the TDA from MMD xD

Sure it looks like your typical anime girl but at least it isn't as uncanny-valley-ish as Arcade and DT models xD

The new design looks a bit better but I am still a bit weirded out by Miku looking crossed eyed for some reason. That's probably just me.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:52 am Reply with quote
"New Hatsune Miku music video leaves world in tears"

Really? Guess the Brits comments don't think so.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:31 am Reply with quote
tubers wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

W/c design is that?
This kind, and later used for this Composer: Clean Tears. The design is one of the earliest CGi's, circa 2008.

Quote:

Sure it looks like your typical anime girl but at least it isn't as uncanny-valley-ish as Arcade and DT models xD

The new design looks a bit better but I am still a bit weirded out by Miku looking crossed eyed for some reason. That's probably just me.
No you're not the only one who noticed that, also that they never move either. I find they look like they are just stuck on decals like a doll, or Miku is blind. But considering it's just a programme for a hand held device I guess some details had to be ditched to get it to work, beside kids will be too busy looking at and playing the foreground game to care about the background video details anyway. But having said that it's certainly not like Sega lead us to believe it would look like.
tubers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
tubers wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

W/c design is that?
This kind, and later used for this Composer: Clean Tears. The design is one of the earliest CGi's, circa 2008.

Quote:

No you're not the only one who noticed that, also that they never move either. I find they look like they are just stuck on decals like a doll, or Miku is blind. But considering it's just a programme for a hand held device I guess some details had to be ditched to get it to work, beside kids will be too busy looking at and playing the foreground game to care about the background video details anyway. But having said that it's certainly not like Sega lead us to believe it would look like.

I see.

Well at least in PJDf there are lots of noticeable eye movement.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:29 pm Reply with quote
tubers wrote:

I see.

Well at least in PJDf there are lots of noticeable eye movement.
You sure you're not being confused by head movement? She hardly even blinks. Wink
Shiggity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:48 am Reply with quote
Since I couldn't find another thread to post this in I'll post it here: has anyone that's ordered the game from Nippon-Yasan.com gotten any order status updates? Mine's frozen at "Pre-orders Pre-order - Payment OK" since August 9th, when I paid for it in full as to avoid having my preorder cancelled. I checked the product page and it's no longer listed as 'preorder', so I assume it was sent out, but I didn't receive any tracking or confirmation that it was actually shipped and sent out.

Thoughts?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1